ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"well advanced stage" citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gzckrg
Newly Registered
Ireland

"well advanced stage" citizenship application

Post by gzckrg » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi all,
I applied to citizenship in March, and asked about my application last week and got an email response today. Not exactly sure what it means though.
"processing of your application is well advanced stage and you will be informed of the Ministers decision in due course"
I only got one letter previously. It looked like a combination of stage 1 and stage 2 letters (after cross-checking with the letters that my friends got) but it didn't mention anything about stage numbers.

So what do you think it means? Should I call them to clarify?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: "well advanced stage" citizenship application

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Sounds like you've moved passed the second stage!
It won't do you any harm calling them for a confirmation, if you have never received a second stage letter.

One of my friend (UK national who has worked in Ireland for 20 years) got an advanced stage reply in email 3 weeks ago as well. In a follow-up phone call, they said they have quite a few applications in advanced stage waiting to be submitted to the minister. As soon as the legal battle is over, these applications will be submitted.

gzckrg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: "well advanced stage" citizenship application

Post by gzckrg » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know any difference between advanced stage vs well advanced stage? It's all so vague while they are, on paper, very straightforward stages :)