ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistakes in Naturalisation application...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sepysepy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Mistakes in Naturalisation application...

Post by sepysepy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi all!

I made a naturalisation application after 5 years Tier 2, and 1 year ILR in early October.
Last week, I realised that I have made two mistakes!
1- In 'Have you ever made any previous immigration applications in the UK or abroad' I answered NO, whereas in some posts I noticed people have said I should have included my Tier 2 visa and ILR applications. The question was vague, as I thought it means naturalisation application not ILR, as I had already included my ILR BRP. :?
2- In 'In addition to the names already provided, are you now or have you ever been known by another name?' I said No. however, I had not seen this question correctly and when I was double checking my application this question was not there! Once I submitted the application, I could see I have mistakenly answered NO, whereas in my ILR application I had said yes and included the family name post-fix which was removed from the whole family name when I was 2 years old. :roll:

I sent an email to furthernationalityenquires and explained these two issues with my application, and attached my ILR application and details on my Tier 2 visa applications. Do I need to take any further action? Do you think these mistakes will lead to a refusal / shall I apply again and withdraw this application? Or you think it is ok?

Cheers,
Sep

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Mistakes in Naturalisation application...

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 pm

sepysepy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55 pm
Hi all!

I made a naturalisation application after 5 years Tier 2, and 1 year ILR in early October.
1- In 'Have you ever made any previous immigration applications in the UK or abroad' I answered NO, whereas in some posts I noticed people have said I should have included my Tier 2 visa and ILR applications. The question was vague, as I thought it means naturalisation application not ILR, as I had already included my ILR BRP. :?
2- In 'In addition to the names already provided, are you now or have you ever been known by another name?' I said No. however, I had not seen this question correctly and when I was double checking my application this question was not there! Once I submitted the application, I could see I have mistakenly answered NO, whereas in my ILR application I had said yes and included the family name post-fix which was removed from the whole family name when I was 2 years old. :roll:

I sent an email to furthernationalityenquires and explained these two issues with my application, and attached my ILR application and details on my Tier 2 visa applications. Do I need to take any further action? Do you think these mistakes will lead to a refusal / shall I apply again and withdraw this application? Or you think it is ok?

Cheers,
Sep
Have you attended the biometrics?

These are minor mistakes will not affect your application anyways.

However, you did it right to email with your CaseID on.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Also, if you still have to attend the biometrics, simply mention that on a cover letter and upload with all your other documents.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sepysepy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sepysepy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 pm
sepysepy wrote:
Hi all!

Cheers,
Sep

Many thanks for your reply. I have already submitted my bio-metrics and realised this issue a few days after submission. I sent them an email explaining the situation, and shall receive a response in the next 21 days or so, but am not sure if this mistake would cause extra time on the application...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:22 pm

sepysepy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:18 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
sepysepy wrote:
Hi all!

Cheers,
Sep

Many thanks for your reply. I have already submitted my bio-metrics and realised this issue a few days after submission. I sent them an email explaining the situation, and shall receive a response in the next 21 days or so, but am not sure if this mistake would cause extra time on the application...
Dont worry.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:55 am

sepysepy wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
sepysepy wrote:
Hi all!

Cheers,
Sep

Hope you emailed on both the email id's?:
Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

sepysepy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sepysepy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:56 am

apsk wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:55 am
sepysepy wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
sepysepy wrote:
Hi all!

Cheers,
Sep

Hope you emailed on both the email id's?:
Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Thanks! I sent it to the two mailboxes you suggested now too, but received an auto-reply from nationalityenquiries that they no longer monitor this mailbox and emails should be sent to furthernationalityenquiries instead. the other mailbox did not respond.

Chanti1211

Post by Chanti1211 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:51 pm

sepysepy wrote:
Hi all!

Cheers,
Sep
Hi Sepysepy,
I did the same mistake by answering NO to the "Have you ever made any previous immigration applications in the UK or abroad"

Just wanted to check whether you had any update on your application?

sepysepy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sepysepy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:01 am

Hi Chanti,
I sent them another email after not hearing from them for 20 working days, and received an email in a few hours that my email has been added to the case. Nothing heard since then...

Chanti1211

Post by Chanti1211 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:33 am

Hi sepysepy,

Thank you. I have contacted them on 20th and got the same response.