ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP number not written above immigration officer stamp

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bata_mil0
Newly Registered
Mood:
Barbados

BRP number not written above immigration officer stamp

Post by bata_mil0 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm on a Tier 2 visa, having a standard BRP. Recently, when i entered the UK, immigration officer stamped my passport as usual, however, he didn't wrote my BRP number on top of it, as they did every time before that, and every time i entered UK after that moment. When event i mentioned happened, my wife, which was traveling with me, got her passport stamped and BRP written on top of stamp as usual.

What does this mean - not getting BRP number written on top of immigration officer stamp? Could it be that this is something benign, i.e. they forgot to do that, or does it have some more serious meaning? I'm coming to the point of getting our Visas extended, and this thing worries me a bit...

Thank everybody in advance!

Akorotaeva

Re: BRP number not written above immigration officer stamp

Post by Akorotaeva » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 am

Happened to me, purely as I was chatting to the officer and he forgot. I called the airport team the next day and they said it was fine.

bata_mil0
Newly Registered
Mood:
Barbados

Re: BRP number not written above immigration officer stamp

Post by bata_mil0 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Thank you very much - this saved a lot of nerves :)