ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oocamp
Newly Registered

Referee

Post by oocamp » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi all,

I have filling my UK Citizenship application and I can't find a lot of information about referee professions. I have looked though the list of professions - https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf, but I can't find any additional details about what qualifies as each professions.

For example, can I put self-employed teacher as one of my referees? Does hi/she need some specific qualification or be a member of some University?

Same question for accountant. Can I put a friend of mine who is accountant or does he/she require some qualification or certificate?

I tried calling gov.uk helpline, but they are now redirecting all calls to immigration services, who also couldn't help me.

Many thanks!

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Referee

Post by talreh20 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:44 pm

One referee needs to be a british citizen. Doesn't matter if the person is a professional or not.
2nd referee needs to be a professional. Doesn't matter it the person is British or not.

So accountant will count as a professional.

oocamp
Newly Registered

Post by oocamp » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:45 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:44 pm
One referee needs to be a british citizen. Doesn't matter if the person is a professional or not.
2nd referee needs to be a professional. Doesn't matter it the person is British or not.

So accountant will count as a professional.
Hey talreh20,

Thanks for the reply.

So any accountant will do and there are no requirements?

Do you by any chance know where I can find information regarding self-employed teacher?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:24 pm

So any accountant will do and there are no requirements?
A professional accountant is normally a member of one of the recognised accountancy bodies, such as CIMA, ACCA or ICA, the term "chartered accountant" is generally used. Not every accountant is a member. Accountancy students don't qualify as professional referee.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.