ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Explaining absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ireneyj
Newly Registered
Chile

Explaining absences

Post by ireneyj » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:41 pm

I'm preparing to apply for ILR after 5 years on tier 2 general.

My current and previous employers are universities, which have "closure days" on Dec 24, Dec 27-31, and usually a couple of days either side of Easter. I have employer letters stating the dates I've taken annual leave, but these don't mention the closure days, because these are automatically days off.

I'm worried that if my dates of absence from the UK are compared to the standard holiday dates and the dates I took annual leave, it will look as though I was absent from work without authorisation. Should I write a covering letter to explain?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Explaining absences

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Statutory holidays are ignored. They are not considered work days
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ireneyj
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by ireneyj » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Thanks for you reply. The issue is that my employers give additional days off as standard, over and above the stat days. For example, I was on holiday one year from December 24 to January 17, and because of closure days, only had to take annual leave from Jan 2. Dec 25, 26 and Jan 1 are obviously stat days, but do I need to account for being out of the country but not on annual leave Dec 24 and Dec 27-31?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 am

You are overthinking this. Your employer should simply say all absences from work were authorised
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice