ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of spouse visa after 30months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ruel786
Newly Registered

Extension of spouse visa after 30months

Post by ruel786 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi

My wifes spouse visa runs out at the end on November and i need to renew for a further 30months.

Has anyone been through this process and is it straight forward.

We have a son who is 19months old.

I can afford a solicitor so looking to do it myself.

Any advise or guidance would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ruel

geoeng
Canada

Re: Extension of spouse visa after 30months

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Yes, it's reasonably straight forward if you meet the requirements and have the required supporting evidence; certainly easy enough to do yourself in most circumstances. You will need to provide proof of meeting the financial requirement £18,600/year income or £62,500 of cash savings (held at least 6 months); your income and your wife's income can be combined, if necessary, to meet the financial requirement. You will also have to provide evidence of cohabitation since the last visa was granted (items of official correspondence addressed to you jointly). There is also an english language requirement that needs to be met, the evidence for which depends on the country your wife is originally from and educational background. The online application form is reasonably good at indicating what documentation will have to be provided in support of the application. Additional guidance on the financial requirements is linked below and there are many people here who can answer questions as the come up.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ruel786
Newly Registered

Post by ruel786 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Thanks for your concise reply...

Do you have a link to the online application?

Thanks again

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:32 pm

ruel786 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:27 pm
Thanks for your concise reply...

Do you have a link to the online application?

Thanks again
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.