ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue with Immigration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joele1992
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Issue with Immigration

Post by joele1992 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi all,

I hope any of you can help or advise with my issue below:

I am currently on the route to get the indefinitely leave ( will be next year January) and aims to apply for British passport a year after. However, my application just got a hitch-cup due to the fact that one of my cousin. He was staying with my briefly while studying here in UK early this year till (Jan-March). However, he moved out after that and decided to drop out. He is now illegal staying here but I have nothing to do with that. However, when he just arrived, he put down my address as his permanent address and myself as his next of kins.

I've just wonder if it will make my application for indefinitely leave looks bad, as I am staying here almost 10 years and have been working for more than 6 years. I cant get hold of him at the moment, so very worry that HO will mark my application as 'blacklist' or sth.

Any advise would help.

Thanks,

Joe

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Issue with Immigration

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:54 pm

It won't affect your ILR applications. You will only be in trouble if you own/renting that property and if he again starts living there without right of rent checks.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

joele1992
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by joele1992 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks for your advise. He moved out since early this year, however all of his letter (from banks, school letter...) still sent to my address. Also I got a call from his school and they threathed me that if I dont tell them where he is, they gonna report to HO and I will be trouble for my current visa as well as future application. I know nothing about him now but very worry it will make me looks bad with HO.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:31 pm

joele1992 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:34 pm
Thanks for your advise. He moved out since early this year, however all of his letter (from banks, school letter...) still sent to my address. Also I got a call from his school and they threathed me that if I dont tell them where he is, they gonna report to HO and I will be trouble for my current visa as well as future application. I know nothing about him now but very worry it will make me looks bad with HO.
Rest assured that your application for ILR won't be affected because your rights are not dependant on him. But one of your day very soon might be very inconvenient when Immigration enforcement team might raid your property usually very early in the morning.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:15 pm

You won't be affected but you can be raided by immigration. They can knock at 6 AM to your door. It happened to a friend of mine (they were looking for the previous tenant).

If possible, ask him to take his mail to another address.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:15 pm
You won't be affected but you can be raided by immigration. They can knock at 6 AM to your door. It happened to a friend of mine (they were looking for the previous tenant).

If possible, ask him to take his mail to another address.
seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:31 pm
Rest assured that your application for ILR won't be affected because your rights are not dependant on him. But one of your day very soon might be very inconvenient when Immigration enforcement team might raid your property usually very early in the morning.
Exactly same i have already said as above