ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Website Timing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Website Timing

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:42 am

Just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience with the one I am about to share.
So an application was submitted at around 12.40am, which is already into a new day. However, when the applicant received the confirmation of submission both from UKVI and UKVCAS, the confirmation emails referenced the day before as the submission day. For example, an application submitted 12:40am 18th October was acknowledged as submitted on the 17th October. This might suggest that both websites are 1 hour behind.
Luckily the applicant had already qualified, so picking the day before won't be an issue.
I just thought I should share it here so that those planning to submit applications after midnight should take note and also check if anyone has noticed a similar issue.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

secret.simon

Re: Website Timing

Post by secret.simon » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 am

Intelligent conjecture that the system runs in GMT/UTC, which is one hour behind BST. So 12:40AM BST would have been 11:40PM GMT the previous day.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 am
Intelligent conjecture that the system runs in GMT/UTC, which is one hour behind BST. So 12:40AM BST would have been 11:40PM GMT the previous day.
I thought as much. Luckily in this case, the applicant will be fine. Just thinking if this could have caused a problem if the applicant wasn't already qualified. Imagine applicants that will be qualified on the 18th, applied at 12.40am on the 18th and later found out that due to GMT/BST setting on the website, their application was received on the 17th.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Plotoder
India

Post by Plotoder » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 am

This is different from my experience. I submitted my application at 12:13 AM.

The payment confirmation email I received from WorldPay was based on GMT but the time on application (checked again in the downloaded PDF) is 12:13 AM and also clearly mentions the time zone as British Summer Time.

Might be worth checking the confirmation PDF and checking if the time mentioned in that is BST or GMT.

Plotoder
India

Post by Plotoder » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 am

Attaching screenshot for reference
Attachments
4B2C51C3-59B7-491D-83A0-854DC5C0A63D.jpeg
4B2C51C3-59B7-491D-83A0-854DC5C0A63D.jpeg (186.96 KiB) Viewed 322 times