ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed tax liability effects

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uk7591
Pakistan

Self employed tax liability effects

Post by uk7591 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Dear members
Self employed person can pay tax liabilities till 31st January but if self employed person sponsored spouse visa application and at the time of application tax was not fully paid to hmrc then is this not fully paid tax effects or delay the spouse visa application?
Thanks if someone knows the answer

UA2015

Re: Self employed tax liability effects

Post by UA2015 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:21 am

Hi uk7591,
I’m in same situation as I’m self employed too, I believe it will not matter as the due date is 31st of January. But this is my thought and I am going to apply spouse visa with this. Unless someone here say it will be rejected for sure. I don’t see why home office will reject as due date is 31st, even last year I didn’t paid fully till 31st and have to pay some penalty as per HMRC, still that’s not mean I have done something wrong. Yes late payment so paid penalty etc. But let’s wait for someone with more knowledge lolz.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Self employed tax liability effects

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:11 am

uk7591 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:44 pm
Dear members
Self employed person can pay tax liabilities till 31st January but if self employed person sponsored spouse visa application and at the time of application tax was not fully paid to hmrc then is this not fully paid tax effects or delay the spouse visa application?
Thanks if someone knows the answer
One member very recently having a paye job where his employer wasn't paying properly his tax was rejected. In my view if you are in agreement with HMRC in clearing up your outstanding taxes with penalty then UKVI might consider your self employment income.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.