ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language - Degree Taught in English

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vishalks1
Newly Registered
India

English Language - Degree Taught in English

Post by vishalks1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:02 am

Hello,

I have a degree that was taught in english. Country my degree was taught in is India. My degree meet the english language requirement for this Visa but i don't have a medium of instruction letter from my University so i gave IELTS life skill test and passed the same. However when i select "yes" option for "does your degree meet the english language requirement for Visa" it ask me to provide official transcript letter as a proof of my degree taught in english and not the IELTS life skill certificate as a proof. but if i select no option for "does your degree meet the english language requirement for Visa" than it ask me if i have passesd the approved english language test.

So could you please advise me if i have to select no because i don't have the method of instruction letter from university.

Thanks
Vishal

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: English Language - Degree Taught in English

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:21 am

If your degree wasn't obtained in UK then the reply should be "NO" regardless of it was taught in English. Then give detail of your English test certificate.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:34 am

If applying for ILR, then see also 2.2(a)(iv) and 2.2(b).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vishalks1
Newly Registered
India

Post by vishalks1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:38 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:34 am
Thanks for your quick response Vinny

mfar87
Newly Registered
India

Post by mfar87 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:56 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:34 am
Hi, I am applying for ILR as Tier 2 visa holder. I have obtained NARIC assessment both for English requirement and degree equivalency to UK Bachelors degree. Do I still need to do an english test and submit that result ?

mfar87
Newly Registered
India

Post by mfar87 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:58 pm

If this is the case, what would I choose the answer for "Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?" Should I choose YES or NO here ?

Please can someone advise ?