ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Documents Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaref
Newly Registered
Canada

FLR (M) Documents Question

Post by zaref » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi guys, currently on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa and about to apply for the FLR (M) visa for the first time as a spouse of a British National (Mrs), marriage certificate from May 2019. Arrived in the country on the 27/12/2017, current visa expires on the 26/12/2019.

Had a couple of questions in regards to the documents we have to submit. Because me and my wife don't have many bills, accounts, etc in both of our names; we will look to provide 6 items of correspondence addressed individually at the same address for the both of us (12 in total).

1) Below are the documents we have, just wanted to get your opinion on these if they are acceptable:

My wife:

Three Mobile Statement, printed from online. (January 2018)
Letter from Nationwide Bank confirming current account switch (April 2018)
Letter from HMRC Tax Code Notice (December 2018)
Council Tax Letter (March 2019)
NHS Appointment confirm. letter (June 2019)
NHS Appointment confirm. letter (September 2019)

Myself:

Letter from Job Centre NIN (January 2018)
TSB Bank Statement (April 2018)
Three Mobile Statement, printed from online. (August 2018)
Three Mobile Statement, printed from online. (February 2019)
TalkTalk Bill for internet (Jun 2019)
First Direct Bank Statement (September 2019)

2) The second question I have is in regards to our our accommodation during the first 6 months of my stay in England. We lived with my Mrs parents between January 2018 and June 2018. We require a letter from my father in law confirming we were allowed to live there during this period. Is there a specific template to follow for this letter? Does this letter need to include any particular information other than the dates we've lived there, our names, homeowner's name and their signature? Can this be hand written, or does this have to printed? A bit more information would be appreciated if any of you know.

3) Lastly, since June 2018 we have been living in a rented accommodation. The tenancy has been in my wife's name only until recently in September 2019. Reason for this was because I did not have much of a credit history then. Would this be an issue? It is also preferred to hand in council tax bills, but again these are in my wife's name (she is not getting the single person discount). Would appreciate advice on this matter as well.

Thank you for your help guys.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) Documents Question

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:43 pm

zaref wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:55 pm
Hi guys, currently on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa and about to apply for the FLR (M) visa for the first time as a spouse of a British National (Mrs), marriage certificate from May 2019. Arrived in the country on the 27/12/2017, current visa expires on the 26/12/2019.

Had a couple of questions in regards to the documents we have to submit. Because me and my wife don't have many bills, accounts, etc in both of our names; we will look to provide 6 items of correspondence addressed individually at the same address for the both of us (12 in total).

1) Below are the documents we have, just wanted to get your opinion on these if they are acceptable:

My wife:

Three Mobile Statement, printed from online. (January 2018)
Letter from Nationwide Bank confirming current account switch (April 2018)
Letter from HMRC Tax Code Notice (December 2018)
Council Tax Letter (March 2019)
NHS Appointment confirm. letter (June 2019)
NHS Appointment confirm. letter (September 2019)

Myself:

Letter from Job Centre NIN (January 2018)
TSB Bank Statement (April 2018)
Three Mobile Statement, printed from online. (August 2018)
Three Mobile Statement, printed from online. (February 2019)
TalkTalk Bill for internet (Jun 2019)
First Direct Bank Statement (September 2019)

2) The second question I have is in regards to our our accommodation during the first 6 months of my stay in England. We lived with my Mrs parents between January 2018 and June 2018. We require a letter from my father in law confirming we were allowed to live there during this period. Is there a specific template to follow for this letter? Does this letter need to include any particular information other than the dates we've lived there, our names, homeowner's name and their signature? Can this be hand written, or does this have to printed? A bit more information would be appreciated if any of you know.

3) Lastly, since June 2018 we have been living in a rented accommodation. The tenancy has been in my wife's name only until recently in September 2019. Reason for this was because I did not have much of a credit history then. Would this be an issue? It is also preferred to hand in council tax bills, but again these are in my wife's name (she is not getting the single person discount). Would appreciate advice on this matter as well.

Thank you for your help guys.
1. For initial spouse visa application there is no requirement of 2 year of cohabitation evidences rather any evidence either individually or jointly addressed to you will be sufficient.

2. No need of any letter about past accommodation.

3. If the tenancy agreement is not in joint names then landlord's/estate agent's noc letter allowing you to stay there will be needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaref
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by zaref » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:45 pm

1. For initial spouse visa application there is no requirement of 2 year of cohabitation evidences rather any evidence either individually or jointly addressed to you will be sufficient.

3. If the tenancy agreement is not in joint names then landlord's/estate agent's noc letter allowing you to stay there will be needed.
Thank you for your reply, but in the online application we are at step 4 of 7 for the documents checklist they have mentioned the following:

‘Items of correspondence addressed to Mr ** and Mrs ** at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years’

Do you think the documents we have are acceptable?

2. Again, in the documents checklist they have mentioned that we need to provide an accommodation letter from the friend or family member we’ve lived it if it was for some or all of the 2 year period.

3. My name is on the tenancy agreement now, however this was only recently in September 2019. Do I still need a letter from the landlord mentioning I was allowed to live there prior to this?

Thank you for your reply and help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:25 pm

zaref wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Thank you for your reply, but in the online application we are at step 4 of 7 for the documents checklist they have mentioned the following:

‘Items of correspondence addressed to Mr ** and Mrs ** at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years’

Do you think the documents we have are acceptable?

2. Again, in the documents checklist they have mentioned that we need to provide an accommodation letter from the friend or family member we’ve lived it if it was for some or all of the 2 year period.

3. My name is on the tenancy agreement now, however this was only recently in September 2019. Do I still need a letter from the landlord mentioning I was allowed to live there prior to this?

Thank you for your reply and help.
1+2) The same FLRM application form is used for extending the spouse visa and that is when these 2 years of cohabitation evidences are needed but in your case these wont be needed.

3. No because now tenancy agreement is in joint names.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zaref
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by zaref » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Thanks seagul. One last question I have after having a look at the tenancy agreement again.

We have a copy of the original tenancy agreement which is in my wife’s name only. However the landlord has sent us a ‘prescribed information’ document confirming that I was added onto the tenancy in September 2019. Will this be sufficient?

Thank you once again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:08 pm

zaref wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:57 pm
Thanks seagul. One last question I have after having a look at the tenancy agreement again.

We have a copy of the original tenancy agreement which is in my wife’s name only. However the landlord has sent us a ‘prescribed information’ document confirming that I was added onto the tenancy in September 2019. Will this be sufficient?

Thank you once again.
Yes that letter with tenancy agreement will work. Also try to attach a recent council tax bill if it shows your name too.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 am

I just did the same thing you are trying to do (Tier 5 YMS to FLR(M)). I included the items of correspondence since I had them available and had no issues getting the visa. Understand they may not be necessary but might help make things easier if the officer assessing the application is just going through a checklist like the one included in the online application form.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.