ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!! Wrong passport expiry date on CoS

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Snarfrobot
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Urgent!! Wrong passport expiry date on CoS

Post by Snarfrobot » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:22 am

Hi everyone,

I went to VFS to submit documents and took my biometric informations today. However, I notice that the expiry date of my passport was wrongly typed on my CoS details. Since my work start date is kind of close ( 11th Nov) and the staff reckon expiry date of passport is not as significant as Name or passport numbers, so I decided to still submit all my application documents out today.
However, I did email my sponsor to put on the sponsor note to correct the date and according to the staff in VFS center, she asked sponsor MUST NOT change or cancel any detail of my certificate number and sponsor license number, it must be remain otherwise the application could be failed.
I am now still waiting for my sponsor to update, if my sponsor is able to update it before they are checking my application, do you think it’s okay?
Does anyone has the same issue before ? Or did anyone still get their visa even the expiry date of passport on CoS is wrong ?

Thank you very much

The Station Agent

Re: Urgent!! Wrong passport expiry date on CoS

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:19 pm

The sponsor can (and should) make a sponsor note. It does not cancel or impact on the CoS; it's purely a note to correct one detail. The VFS people are clowns. The amount they know about CoS could be stated amply on the back of a postage stamp.