ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

evidence for 10 year employment history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused28dec
Newly Registered

evidence for 10 year employment history

Post by confused28dec » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:57 pm

I have been in the UK for nearly 10 years and had my ILR for 6 years already. I'm now applying for naturalisation.

One of the questions in the online form asks for a 10 year employment history in the UK. My question is do I need to provide evidence for this 10 year employment history in the form of payslips, employment contracts etc?

Thank you for your help and good luck with your application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: evidence for 10 year employment history

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:02 pm

1. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Post split to your own topic.

2. No, you simply complete the form with the information asked for, no evidence is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Post by confused28dec » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Thank you for your help.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:04 pm

No payslips, contracts or anything. You just need to tell them where you worked.

At the end of the application, there is a checklist of all documents you need to provide.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:06 pm

No payslips, contracts or anything. You just need to tell them where you worked.

Correct. HO do their own checks with other government departments based on your NI number, which the form asks for.
At the end of the application, there is a checklist of all documents you need to provide.
Yes, and...??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Professional Referees

Post by confused28dec » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:18 pm

I would like some clarifications on professional referees:

1. For a professional referee such as an engineer, do we need to state what professional organisations they are a member of?

2. The list of acceptable professional persons lists Teacher. Does that cover primary school teacher?

3. 'bank or building society official' - does that mean anyone who works in a bank?

4. When is a good time to have the referee form dates and signed? At the time of submitting the online application or closer to the appointment? I ask because at present, there is a long wait for appointments that already takes us into Christmas holidays.

Thank you for your help.

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Multiple citizenships

Post by confused28dec » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:21 pm

I already have 2 citizenships. Can I acquire British citizenship as my third citizenship?

I will look for policy on countries of my other nationalities but as far as British citizenship law is concerned, is there any policy that covers this area?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Professional Referees

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm

1. No but they do need to be a member of the relevant body for their profession.

2. Yes.

3. Likely someone more senior in a bank, ie Supervisor or Manager

4. The online application will ask you for information of the referees. Once you have submitted and paid, you download the forms and then ask them to sign once you have affixed your photo to each one. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the date of your UKCVAS appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Multiple citizenships

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm

confused28dec wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:21 pm
I already have 2 citizenships. Can I acquire British citizenship as my third citizenship?

I will look for policy on countries of my other nationalities but as far as British citizenship law is concerned, is there any policy that covers this area?

Thank you
Please keep ALL your questions on the same application in ONE topic.

The UK does not limit or restrict the number of citizenships you can hold.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Correct. HO do their own checks with other government departments based on your NI number, which the form asks for.
Yes, and...??
Payslips and contracts are not in the final checklist. That would bring some peace of mind to the OP and give him the confirmation that these specific documents are not requested.

I should have elaborated about that point :D

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Post by confused28dec » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Sorry about my multiple posting. Where do I post further questions about my application? in this thread? thanks for your guidance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:13 pm

confused28dec wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 pm
Sorry about my multiple posting. Where do I post further questions about my application? in this thread? thanks for your guidance.
Yes!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Post by confused28dec » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:28 pm

The online form has a list of documentations which are minimal and don't exactly match with the list on page 29 of Form AN. Following are two specific instances, if you can please help with:

1) Section 10 on form AN asks for 'Evidence of National Insurance contributions' covering the relevant period (payslips, p60s, letter from employer with start and end dates). But the online form doesn’t have this in the documentation checklist.

2) Section 3 on form AN asks for Evidence of lawful residence (passports or letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK). In the online form, there is a similar section under 'Proof of living in the UK' but it does not specifically state what documentation is required if you are married to a British citizen, which applies to me.

Looking for guidance on these when applying online. Thanks

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Documentation list

Post by confused28dec » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:11 pm

Can someone please advise.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:38 pm

First question is not important.
Second is for people who cannot prove lawful residence via entry exit stamps.

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Post by confused28dec » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:48 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:38 pm
First question is not important.
Second is for people who cannot prove lawful residence via entry exit stamps.
Thank you for your reply.
I have a bunch of stamps on my current and old passport but I dont know which are entry ones and which are exit ones. Also, they could be visits, how do they show lawful residence? Also, to find all those stamps on the various pages of the passport and put them in some order would not be very feasible for HO.

I am not clear what is required to show lawful residence in the UK?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:02 pm

My bad, I should have been more clear.. and ur also overthinking this by reading a postal form whereas ur only concern should be the online form and list generated by that.
you need 3 years continuous residence in UK to qualify for naturalisation under Spouse of brit.
You may not have more than 270 days out of UK and no more than 90 days in the preceding 12 months from date of application.
The easy way to evidence this is ur passports.
Date of entry. Present within UK 3 years prior, ur complete absences from Uk
If you are a eea or Eu passport holder then it might be difficult due to lack of entry stamps to uk.. so they aren’t gonna take ur word for it. Then you’d have to provide evidence such as stated above. Lawful residence- lawfully in the uk- you held a spouse visa.. then ILR..BRP or vignette.

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Post by confused28dec » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Thank you for your clarification.

1)I have a BRP that states my status as indefinite leave to remain, issued in 2013. So does that suffice as proof od lawful residence in the last 3 years?

2) Can anyone please clarify what is meant by this question: 'Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?' I have 2 kids who are my dependents technically but they are already British citizens. So should I answer this question as Yes or No?

Thank you

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:40 pm

1. The ILR BRP proves you are free from immigration control. So yes.
2. No shall suffice.

confused28dec
Newly Registered

3 years residence

Post by confused28dec » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm

I am qualifying on the basis of 3 years residence and marriage to a British citizen. I have a few questions regarding the residence and absences as follows:

1. What is the first day of my 3-year-qualifying period? Is it related to the date of my naturalisation application?
2. The last trip I made outside of UK was 3 years and 1 month ago. Should I answer the question about trips outside of UK with a 'NO'?

Any guidance or past experience is much appreciated.

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: 3 years residence

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:15 pm

confused28dec wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm
I am qualifying on the basis of 3 years residence and marriage to a British citizen. I have a few questions regarding the residence and absences as follows:

1. What is the first day of my 3-year-qualifying period? Is it related to the date of my naturalisation application? Yes - the day three years back from your date of application which is when you submit and pay online.
2. The last trip I made outside of UK was 3 years and 1 month ago. Should I answer the question about trips outside of UK with a 'NO'? Yes - the answer is NO.

Any guidance or past experience is much appreciated.

Thank you!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Documentation

Post by confused28dec » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Thank you all for your help so far.

I have applied online and paid but have not uploaded the documents or booked appointment yet. I am waiting to see both my referees for signatures.
The application confirmation said I have till feb 07 to book an appointment. Does that mean that I have until then to upload my documents as well?

I have also received an email from homeoffice confirming receipt of my application and saying it could take 6 months to reach decision. This email worried me, thinking have I lost the opportunity to upload documents, specially my referee declarations.

Can you please advice asap.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:34 pm

The email is a standard one, in itself nothing to worry about.
I would however upload your documents and referee paperwork as soon as possible just in case someone is looking for that.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

confused28dec
Newly Registered

Re: Documentation

Post by confused28dec » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:05 pm

I am getting my documents ready for my appointment with UKVCAS and I have the following questions:

1. Anyone used UKVCAS 'Document Scanning' service for additional GBP 45? Am I correct to understand that with this service, I do not have to upload any documents and that they will scan and upload my documents?

2. The following documents are missing in the documents checklist, even though they are clearly requested according to the Guide AN or Form AN. Are they required?

a) Proof of Life in the UK Test. The guide does list it as a required document.

b) Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period.

3. In my application form, I have provided details of my dual citizenship. Should I include evidence of this (passport/ID)? #

4. What if any documents are helpful even though they are not included in my document checklist?

PS:
The document checklist at the end of my application is as follows:
The passport issued by Australia for Miss xxxxx

Proof of living in the UK for Miss XXX

Your marriage or civil partnership certificate

Miss X's proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

The Australia passport, identity card or official letter for Miss XXX to prove the level of English required
Australian Passport (current), already supplied.

Two referee declarations for Miss XXX

One proof of British citizenship for Mr XXX (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)

Current Biometric Residence Permit for Miss XXX