ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received Citizenship Ceremony letter from register office but nothing from Home Office?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

valakot
Newly Registered
Latvia

Received Citizenship Ceremony letter from register office but nothing from Home Office?

Post by valakot » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Hello, I am in a weird situation.
I received Home Office Citizenship Application acknowledgement via email on 3rd of June (EU route), on 4th of July I enrolled my Biometrics at UKVI center and sent documents, now on 10th of October I received a letter from Register Office saying "You are invited to attend a Citizenship Ceremony on 10th of December", the letter says "You will shortly receive a second Home Office letter titled CITIZENSHIP INVITATION.
But NOTHING has arrived from Home Office, I mean nothing at all, nor the approval letter nor the Invitation letter.
Apparently my application has been approved since I received a letter from Register Office with invitation but they won't be able to issue me a certificate without the Invitation letter from Home Office which has not arrived and it's been 2 weeks since I received the letter from Register Office.
The register office says if letter from Home Office not arrives within 2 weeks email to: Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
I emailed them with my application case ID but so far didn't received a response back.

Any advice what should I do in this situation?

I still have time till 10th of December but I am getting really nervous as to why this happens? There is nothing wrong with my address as I receive many letters and parcel every day and after all Register Office letter arrived to me without any issues. WHY Home office letters not arrived is a mystery to me.

Any advice?

Hossny99
Egypt

Re: Received Citizenship Ceremony letter from register office but nothing from Home Office?

Post by Hossny99 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:54 pm

I was in a similar situation, emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they said it can take up to 21 days to receive the letter, and it did arrive afterwards. You still have a lot of time but just email and check

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: Received Citizenship Ceremony letter from register office but nothing from Home Office?

Post by apsk » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:25 am

valakot wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm
Hello, I am in a weird situation.
I received Home Office Citizenship Application acknowledgement via email on 3rd of June (EU route), on 4th of July I enrolled my Biometrics at UKVI center and sent documents, now on 10th of October I received a letter from Register Office saying "You are invited to attend a Citizenship Ceremony on 10th of December", the letter says "You will shortly receive a second Home Office letter titled CITIZENSHIP INVITATION.
But NOTHING has arrived from Home Office, I mean nothing at all, nor the approval letter nor the Invitation letter.
Apparently my application has been approved since I received a letter from Register Office with invitation but they won't be able to issue me a certificate without the Invitation letter from Home Office which has not arrived and it's been 2 weeks since I received the letter from Register Office.
The register office says if letter from Home Office not arrives within 2 weeks email to: Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
I emailed them with my application case ID but so far didn't received a response back.

Any advice what should I do in this situation?

I still have time till 10th of December but I am getting really nervous as to why this happens? There is nothing wrong with my address as I receive many letters and parcel every day and after all Register Office letter arrived to me without any issues. WHY Home office letters not arrived is a mystery to me.

Any advice?
Doesnt matter, Ceremony letter with date is good enough for you to attend the ceremony on 10th Dec. In short, you really don't need Home office letter now.

valakot
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by valakot » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:21 pm

apsk wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:25 am
Doesnt matter, Ceremony letter with date is good enough for you to attend the ceremony on 10th Dec. In short, you really don't need Home office letter now.
That would be awsome but the Ceremony letter from Register says "You will not be admitted to the ceremony without it" referring to the CITIZENSHIP INVITATION letter from The Home Office.
I am confused. Are you sure I can go to ceremony without letter from Home Office?
I will try to get any letter from Home Office anyway till 10th of December but considering how long it takes for them to reply to emails I am not so sure about the outcome.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:57 pm

valakot wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:21 pm
apsk wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:25 am
That would be awsome but the Ceremony letter from Register says "You will not be admitted to the ceremony without it" referring to the CITIZENSHIP INVITATION letter from The Home Office.
I am confused. Are you sure I can go to ceremony without letter from Home Office?
I will try to get any letter from Home Office anyway till 10th of December but considering how long it takes for them to reply to emails I am not so sure about the outcome.
My wife did that, she never got that letter from Home office. Though it depends on how your council is, our council didnt ask for any letter from HO. The council letter and then they had something with her picture on to verify. That's it. Perhaps you can request a soft copy from HO ..if you dont get it a week before your scheduled ceremony.