ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension update

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

olotus
Newly Registered

Spouse visa FLR Submission

Post by olotus » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:41 am

Good morning all,
I just want to ask a question, I have submitted visa extension for my spouse online. I have booked an appointment for the biometric capture. Below is my question
1. The supporting documents, do I take to the centre for it to be scann or is there provision were I can scan them myself and submit it
2. If I have to do it myself, where on the form do I have to attach it to
3. The documents are many, suggestion on best way to send it

Thank you in advance

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse visa FLR Submission

Post by geoeng » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 am

I'm assuming you have applied for the extension online within the UK?

If this is the case then you can scan all documents and upload them online yourself on the UKVCAS website for which you should have been sent emails on how to register. Alternatively, you can pay an additional fee to have them scan them for you (if you have paid for a "premium" biometric appointment, this may be included already). Your biometric appointment confirmation will likely advise you to bring all supporting documents with you, this is in case any of your uploads are of poor quality and need to be redone. Under the new online application system, no physical documents are sent anywhere and everything is uploaded electronically.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:38 am

During the extension application, do they ask you how you want the new card sent to you?
For example do you have the choice to have it sent to post office or another address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:28 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:38 am
During the extension application, do they ask you how you want the new card sent to you?
For example do you have the choice to have it sent to post office or another address?
Can you ask your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread. It is unfair to the other poster.

BRPs within the UK are sent via dx couriers to the address you put in the form. You don't have a choice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:16 pm

waleed205 wrote:
You can instruct & authorize DX courier to deliver it to your workplace instead home.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:28 pm
waleed205 wrote:
Can you ask your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread. It is unfair to the other poster.

BRPs within the UK are sent via dx couriers to the address you put in the form. You don't have a choice.
Apologies, I just thought to ask a question in the same subject. I will start a new topic in the future. apologies.

olotus
Newly Registered

Further leave to remain documents upload

Post by olotus » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:10 am

Good morning all,
My spouse did her biometric yesterday for further leave to remain, application was submitted on the 17th September. We have uploaded my spouse documents on the UKVCAS website.
Do we have to do anything else? Also is that the right site ( UKVCAS) for the documents or we need to do something else
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Further leave to remain documents upload

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:13 am

Correct site. Nothing else you need to do.

Presumably you uploaded the documents before the biometric appointment yesterday and not after?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

olotus
Newly Registered

Post by olotus » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:37 am

I uploaded the documents before the biometric was done yesterday. When I logged into the UKVCAS website this morning, it seems I can still upload documents if I want, I was thinking after the biometric, the site will not be accessible by me to make any changes

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 am

I've already received my visa and I can still log in to the UKVCAS website and upload documents and change my biometric appointment :lol: Seems to be some sort of error with the website but what you've described is normal.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

olotus
Newly Registered

Spouse visa extension - Home Office acknowledgement

Post by olotus » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:51 pm

Good day everyone,
Apologies if I am asking same question others have asked, after biometric submission for spouse visa extension application, do home office send acknowledgement email or letter to say they have received the application
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension - Home Office acknowledgement

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:56 pm

No they do not.

You would have got an email when you submitted and paid online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

olotus
Newly Registered

Post by olotus » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Thanks for your response, I only got the health surcharge payment confirmation and the biometric booking confirmation.

amanita
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by amanita » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:50 pm

I didn't get anything between the biometric booking confirmation and the decision letter arriving.

olotus
Newly Registered

Post by olotus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:49 am

Good day everyone,
Just want ask a quick question, since my spouse apply online with biometric donefor visa extension as a spouse of a British national, she is yet to receive any acknowledgement from home office. Her visa expires in 2 weeks time, application completed 30 September. My spouse employer are asking her to provide evidence or acknowledgement that the visa is currently been processed by the home office. Currently we do not have any evidence except the submission page on the home office website. Any advice please

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse visa extension update

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:17 pm

For FLR(M), that is the only acknowledgement you will get unfortunately. If that on it's own is not acceptable to their employer, they can also use the government checking service linked below to confirm that an application has been submitted:

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

olotus
Newly Registered

Post by olotus » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Good day,
Please I received an email from the home saying we need to send the consent form as part of the application. We had already scan the consent form and uploaded it with other documents on the UKVCAS website. We had to send the form again.
I am worried now if the UKVCAS is link to the home office as that's were we uploaded all supporting documents for the application.
Has any had this same problem

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:47 pm

olotus wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:13 pm

I am worried now if the UKVCAS is link to the home office as that's were we uploaded all supporting documents for the application.
It makes no difference whether you scan yourself or ukvcas scan for you. Simply reply back to same email and attach the relevant consent form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 am

olotus wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:13 pm
Good day,
Please I received an email from the home saying we need to send the consent form as part of the application.
Being asked to send the consent forms again seems to be a fairly common request, probably nothing to be concerned about.

olotus
Newly Registered

Post by olotus » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Good day all,
Just a quick update, my wife spouse visa extension was successful. The start date of the extension is the last date on her previous visa.
Below are the steps I follow :
1. Complete and submit form online
2. Upload and scan documents myself
3. Scan and upload every documents I can find that had my spouse name and mine
4. Added children birth certificate
5.tenancy agreement ( just the page that had my name and spouse name
Once again, thanks for your help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:28 pm

olotus wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:22 pm
Good day all,
Just a quick update, my wife spouse visa extension was successful. The start date of the extension is the last date on her previous visa.
Below are the steps I follow :
1. Complete and submit form online
2. Upload and scan documents myself
3. Scan and upload every documents I can find that had my spouse name and mine
4. Added children birth certificate
5.tenancy agreement ( just the page that had my name and spouse name
Once again, thanks for your help
Congratulations on the success.

olotus
Newly Registered

Post by olotus » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:59 pm