ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

morethan 6weeks per annum in last 5yrs of Naturalisation application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maieboard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

morethan 6weeks per annum in last 5yrs of Naturalisation application

Post by maieboard » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi,

While filling the naturalisation application form (Form-8, Version 5.7, June-18), I am bit confused about the following question -

Code: Select all

5.6 Have you been absent from the State for more than 6 weeks per annum in any of the past 5
years?
If you answered Yes to 5.6 please provide details of all absences from the State on a
separate sheet and enclose it with your application.
Is this 6weeks in a single visit or accumulation of all visits in a calendar year ?

In one of the last 5 years, I'm out of Ireland for morethan 6weeks, but, its in 2visits (3weeks + 4weeks).

I'm in dilemma whether to mark it as "yes" or "no" as there is no clarity in the guidelines aswell.

So, just looking for suggestions on it.

Thanks

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: morethan 6weeks per annum in last 5yrs of Naturalisation application

Post by markem » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 pm

This is well covered in these boards if you search. It's total time out, per year ("year" is counted from the date of application).

No, in answer to your inevitable next question, you don't count days of travel if you were in Ireland for any portion of the day.
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

maieboard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: morethan 6weeks per annum in last 5yrs of Naturalisation application

Post by maieboard » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:14 pm

markem wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 pm
This is well covered in these boards if you search. It's total time out, per year ("year" is counted from the date of application).

No, in answer to your inevitable next question, you don't count days of travel if you were in Ireland for any portion of the day.
Thanks for the reply. For some reason, I don't see "search" option in the portal with my login.