ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU RULE OUT IRISH DEMAND OF RESIDENCY IN EU FOR NON EU SPOUS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

EU RULE OUT IRISH DEMAND OF RESIDENCY IN EU FOR NON EU SPOUS

Post by knapps » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:17 pm

this is what we call justice!!! well done EU and well Done all those who backed up the case....justched watch RTE news and two incompetencies of doj..a poor asylum seeker lady who granted visa in 2004 not one told her just now from DOJ her family was in a refugee camp for 3 years...and another EU 1form issue...im so happy...guys and girls...all the best !!! we must celebrate it!! this is a milestone!!! hope it will ease down the matter for all of us

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:46 am

Im delighted for you guys, its been a while since me and my wife chose to leave. i hope this helps you all out. the BBC covered it here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7525472.stm

All the best to all who knew me and all who dont
Happy now in the U.K. not so happy about the Rugby

Mikael
Newly Registered

Post by Mikael » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:00 am

These news are wonderful!!
Justice has been made finally for thousands of couples...

I can see that the content of the BBC article is wrong

"The European Court of Justice had studied the cases of four non-EU nationals married to Irish citizens".

None of the 4 cases involved Irish citizens. The 4 cases involved NON EU nationals married to EU natonals (NON Irish)

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:38 am

Mikael wrote:I can see that the content of the BBC article is wrong

"The European Court of Justice had studied the cases of four non-EU nationals married to Irish citizens".

None of the 4 cases involved Irish citizens. The 4 cases involved NON EU nationals married to EU natonals (NON Irish)
Well spotted! I didn't notice that.. :shock:
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:59 pm

yeah, well pointed out!! so, here to toast for this landmark decision!! not only those whos files are pending in DOJ but also to welcome who had left under such discriminatory act to come back and assert your rights!!!