ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from the employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KathyR
Newly Registered
Barbados

ILR - date of application

Post by KathyR » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi All,

I will be eligible to apply for ILR on the 8th of December this year via Tier2 General Route (visa issue date - 05.01.2015). I am of course looking forward to the date and I want to apply as soon as I can. My question is when can I submit my application online and book an appointment? I am going to go with super priority.

Can I do it beforehand and choose an appointment on the 9th of December or do I have to wait till the 8th of December to book an appointment?

THANK YOU!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - date of application

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:58 pm

My question is when can I submit my application online and book an appointment? I am going to go with super priority.
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online. So do not apply too early. Apply when you are within the 28 days concession period.
Can I do it beforehand and choose an appointment on the 9th of December or do I have to wait till the 8th of December to book an appointment?
You need to wait till you qualify to apply and submit online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KathyR
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by KathyR » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks a lot for the response!

Do you know how are the situation with appointment availability? Do I have a chance to book an appointment next day after submitting the application online? :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:21 pm

It really depends where you are located in the UK and what service you choose.

Many seem to get an appointment, even if travelling slightly further, within a couple of weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KathyR
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by KathyR » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:45 pm

Thanks - I am in London, going to use super priority and don't mind to travel slightly! Really hoping for the next day one

freeman_123
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by freeman_123 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:07 pm

When I applied for mine, all of the available next day appointments were in the Croydon office so I think you'll most likely encounter the same scenario.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:41 pm

At the moment the following message is shown when you fill the UKVCAS application online.

We are currently experiencing high demand for appointments at our service points which means you may have to wait longer than usual for an available appointment. We are working to ensure additional appointments are made available and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

UKVI would like us to assure you that you have up to 45 working days to book an appointment once your application form has been submitted.

KathyR
Newly Registered
Barbados

Letter from the employer

Post by KathyR » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am

Hi, I am applying for ILR via Tier 2 route and my employer is refusing putting in the letter that I will be employed for foreseeable future. They are saying that the fact that the letter states that I am employed an a permanent basis already means that I will be employed for foreseeable future.

What is your opinion? Would mentioning permanent basis be enough?

Thanks a lot