ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when is the start of the application date?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

malvar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

when is the start of the application date?

Post by malvar » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi,

My partner filled out the online AN form last Monday (28 Oct) and paid for it so we can book his biometric appointment and upload the documents on Dec 2. His 1-year eligibility is on Nov 2 (from ILR, Tier 2-5year route).

But then he got an automated email from Home Office today (31 Oct) saying that his 'application has been received and is being considered'. I am confused because I thought the application officially 'started' when they get the biometric details and review all the documents just like our previous visa applications. So this should start on Dec 2.

Im concerned because 31Oct is just a few days before Nov 2 which will render our application to be refused (less than 1 year). So, for naturalisation, do they count the application date from the email (oct 31) or the biometric appointment (dec 2)?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: when is the start of the application date?

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:09 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

malvar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by malvar » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:14 pm

hmm.. if that's the case. then our application would be refused...

can we call them up and say to move the application? Or other options. It's just a few days....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:15 pm

It should be ok
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

malvar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by malvar » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:18 pm

Do you think so? It's literally 3 days before eligibility of Nov 2. And we just paid £1.3K :(

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:11 pm

malvar wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:18 pm
Do you think so? It's literally 3 days before eligibility of Nov 2. And we just paid £1.3K :(
Relax!
One MUST be free of immigration restrictions on the DAY of decision.
The email you received is a generic acknowledgment.
It’s in a queue.
If by any chance you don’t give biometrics in the next few months.. it will be returned as invalid,

malvar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by malvar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:47 am

aman90 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:11 pm
malvar wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:18 pm
Relax!
One MUST be free of immigration restrictions on the DAY of decision.
The email you received is a generic acknowledgment.
It’s in a queue.
If by any chance you don’t give biometrics in the next few months.. it will be returned as invalid,
Thanks again for the quick reply. I think we got used to our previous applications where 'day of decision' (also i though this was the 'application date') is when we submit our biometric details and submit all the documents. Need to reframe it since this is naturalisation.

Hoping all goes well with the appointment!

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:01 pm

It is the date of submission. Date of decision muse not always be taken for granted. CWs are advised to benefit the applicant. But if everyone starts doing the contrary than how long before HO starts refusing and insisting on date of online submission

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Don't panic now.. if this would be an issue, I am sure Home office will get back to you with an option to sign and date your application again. They did that to many cases, either submitted before eligibility or not present in UK on the day 5 years ago. Most likely, it will not be an issue. But mentioned above date of application is when you submit and pay online.