ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pickle314
Newly Registered
Canada

Passport Application Questions

Post by pickle314 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a few queries regarding the passport application process (first adult after naturalisation).

- Which passport to send along with certificate? Is it just my current valid Canadian passport? I have 2 other old ones which have been cancelled, corners cut off.

- Return of documents - for online applications, do I need to send a pre paid envelope or does the passport issuing authority return everything by courier themselves?

- Passport courier - do they use DX as well, same as other immigration category for couriering services?

- Address for sending new passport and returned documents to - can this be a work address or does it have to be the applicant's home address?

Sorry if any of this has been repeated from before but tried to search and couldn't find all the answers. Thanks so much!! :oops:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Passport Application Questions

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:28 pm

pickle314 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:04 pm
Hi everyone,

I have a few queries regarding the passport application process (first adult after naturalisation).

- Which passport to send along with certificate? Is it just my current valid Canadian passport? I have 2 other old ones which have been cancelled, corners cut off.

- Return of documents - for online applications, do I need to send a pre paid envelope or does the passport issuing authority return everything by courier themselves?

- Passport courier - do they use DX as well, same as other immigration category for couriering services?

- Address for sending new passport and returned documents to - can this be a work address or does it have to be the applicant's home address?

Sorry if any of this has been repeated from before but tried to search and couldn't find all the answers. Thanks so much!! :oops:
1) Passport used to enter UK. I would send all and add the “number of passports” on a cover letter.
2) You pay £5 extra online for them to return your documents by secure delivery (if you want that option). Passport itself is sent in a separate envelope by DX anyways.
3) DX
4) Home address (Im not sure if the system lets you add another address).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

pickle314
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Passport Application Questions

Post by pickle314 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:44 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:28 pm
pickle314 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:04 pm
Hi everyone,

1) Passport used to enter UK. I would send all and add the “number of passports” on a cover letter.
2) You pay £5 extra online for them to return your documents by secure delivery (if you want that option). Passport itself is sent in a separate envelope by DX anyways.
3) DX
4) Home address (Im not sure if the system lets you add another address).
Thanks so much CULLINAN! I was confused about the passport used to enter UK part as the first time I entered UK on a student Visa was in the oldest passport. Thanks!