ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relatively long Schengen Visa?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SamarZ90
Newly Registered

Relatively long Schengen Visa?

Post by SamarZ90 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:15 pm

Hello guys,

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, I have a Schengen question. I intend to travel to France for four days in Feb and to the Netherlands for easter for a week or so, is it realistic to apply for one Schengen visa to cover those 2.5 months or should i apply for two separate visas prior to each holiday? Please note i hold an iraqi passport and i am a resident in the UK married to a British citizen.

Another question, is there a way to get a long Schengen visa ( say one year) so that my husband and i can do short weekend travels whenever possible without much pre planning? Has anyone done that before?
Thanks for the help :-)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Relatively long Schengen Visa?

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello

You can apply for France. Most of the time they give a 6-month visa which can cover bother of your trips.

I am an EEA national. When my wife applies for a visa to go to my EEA country, she gets automatically 1 year. But other than that, the usual visa has 6 months but I have seen them delivering 10 days Schengen visas too :(

SamarZ90
Newly Registered

Post by SamarZ90 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Thank you for the reply, ill attempt asking for 6 months multi entry, the reason i am asking is because i did get a 10 days vsingle entry visa before that but the circumstances were different :/

Thank you,
Samar

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:15 pm

SamarZ90 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 pm
Thank you for the reply, ill attempt asking for 6 months multi entry, the reason i am asking is because i did get a 10 days vsingle entry visa before that but the circumstances were different :/

Thank you,
Samar
Ask for 6 months. It's typical really.

Early this year, a friend of mine got a singe entry visa from Spain. It was a 4-day visa and when they returned her passport, the visa had already expired.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:15 pm
SamarZ90 wrote:

Thank you,
Samar

Early this year, a friend of mine got a singe entry visa from Spain. It was a 4-day visa and when they returned her passport, the visa had already expired.
How long had she bought health insurance for?

This happened to my father-in-law. His visa was granted for the exact time his health insurance had been valid for which he had bought before making the appointment at the embassy. He then forgot to get new insurance for a later date and wasted all that money and effort.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:49 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:01 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
SamarZ90 wrote:

Thank you,
Samar

How long had she bought health insurance for?

This happened to my father-in-law. His visa was granted for the exact time his health insurance had been valid for which he had bought before making the appointment at the embassy. He then forgot to get new insurance for a later date and wasted all that money and effort.
The insurance was ok. It was a 1 year travel insurance purchased online before the application. It covered all Europe plus some other countries.

They took ages to decide her application then issued a visa valid for a few days the week... before!

Her application was clean and strong (5 year EEA residence in the UK, full time job, decent immigration history... etc).

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:56 pm
Hello

You can apply for France. Most of the time they give a 6-month visa which can cover bother of your trips.

I am an EEA national. When my wife applies for a visa to go to my EEA country, she gets automatically 1 year. But other than that, the usual visa has 6 months but I have seen them delivering 10 days Schengen visas too :(
Hi,

France is one of the best countries for Schengen visa application. You can get at least a 3-month visa if you prepare well enough though there are no guarantees. Some factors that the visa officers consider are your nationality, residence and whether or not you are a family member of an EEA/EU citizen. If you are a family member of an EEA/EU citizen, it is easy [in my case].

The best way to be sure that you get a proper number of days is to prepare an itinerary that covers the span of 3 months. Not a detailed itinerary but one that clearly indicate the dates and places that you will visit. Case in point: I once was given an 11-day visa because my itinerary showed that I will be in a Schengen area for 10 days only. Even if the days are far apart but within three months visa validity, it is okay. Your travel insurance will need to cover the duration as well.

Next prepare a letter that practically reinforces the fact that you need a relatively long visa. It is a very simple letter - I can get you a sample if you pm me.

SamarZ90
Newly Registered

Post by SamarZ90 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:20 am

Thank you all amazing people for your replies, will take the advice and apply soon after I prepare well for it , fingers crossed :-)

SamarZ90
Newly Registered

Post by SamarZ90 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:29 am

ibwe wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 am
Zerubbabel wrote:
Hello

Hi,

France is one of the best countries for Schengen visa application. You can get at least a 3-month visa if you prepare well enough though there are no guarantees. Some factors that the visa officers consider are your nationality, residence and whether or not you are a family member of an EEA/EU citizen. If you are a family member of an EEA/EU citizen, it is easy [in my case].

The best way to be sure that you get a proper number of days is to prepare an itinerary that covers the span of 3 months. Not a detailed itinerary but one that clearly indicate the dates and places that you will visit. Case in point: I once was given an 11-day visa because my itinerary showed that I will be in a Schengen area for 10 days only. Even if the days are far apart but within three months visa validity, it is okay. Your travel insurance will need to cover the duration as well.

Next prepare a letter that practically reinforces the fact that you need a relatively long visa. It is a very simple letter - I can get you a sample if you pm me.

Would love to have that template, but been trying to Pm you and it’s not working, wuite new here :)

SamarZ90
Newly Registered

Post by SamarZ90 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:48 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
SamarZ90 wrote:

Thank you,
Samar

Will ask for 6 months , however will i always have to go through france as the first port of entry to go to Europe? Say i want to go to Belgium for a weekend, should i enter through france first? Or do they stamp a multi entry schengen to all of Europe? And do I have to announce that i am planning on visiting other countries within the 6 months? Because no solid plans as of yet, just the two i mentioned earlier.

Khan2019
Ireland

Post by Khan2019 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 pm

ibwe wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 am
Zerubbabel wrote:
Hello

Hi,

hi it would be very helpful for me if u could pm me the sample letter. thanks

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 am

Done.. Please check your inbox.

Hopeful that you will succeed.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:37 am

Recently my non EU spouse got a one year Visa as family member of EU national.
It was her first time.
All we did was write a cover letter saying we would like to visit again and again so please give us a 1 year multiple entry Visa.
Here is what documents we supplied:
Copy of marriage registration
Cover letter
Photocopy of my British passport
Return travel tickets for both of us showing trip of 10days

No insurance, no hotel bookings etc that normally tourist Visas ask for