ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Steps forward - applying for BC for whole family

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abitnewtouk
Newly Registered

450 day residency rule

Post by abitnewtouk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Hello

It’s coming to 475 days away from the UK for me in the five years before the application. Of those nearly 250 were me away for work (for a job in the UK).

I think I will qualify for criteria that convinces them to apply discretion. How likely are they to actually be lenient? Any experiences so far please?

Cheers

zimba
Mood:

Re: 450 day residency rule

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:07 pm

Discretion applies for up to 30 days (on top of 450 days)
Read: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

abitnewtouk
Newly Registered

Application details

Post by abitnewtouk » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:24 am

Hello all

Do you have to be able to dig out details (application reference number, dates of application, if the biometric details were connected at all) of all visa applications made to the UK. I have made quite a few of them over the last 15 years starting with as a student in 2004.

Thanks

abitnewtouk
Newly Registered

Re: Application details

Post by abitnewtouk » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:34 am

Sincerest apologies with my posts here CR001.

I had a query a few days ago, posted it here, and received guidance in just a bit.

Had another query this morning and in a rush, posted this second query as a reply to my original query. I could not find a way to delete the query posted in the wrong thread. But posted it again in a new thread anyways in hope of an answer.

I see you have locked out the new thread. Apologies for the nuisance again. Any chance of an answer please?

Kindest regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:42 am

No worries.

You need to list all UK Immigration applications you have made and provide details to the best of your memory.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abitnewtouk
Newly Registered

Post by abitnewtouk » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:13 pm

Many thanks CR001

abitnewtouk
Newly Registered

Steps forward - applying for BC for whole family

Post by abitnewtouk » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:40 am

Hello

I received ILR in December 2015. I married in March 2016 and we had a daughter in India in November 2016.

My wife and daughter came to the UK the first time in July 2017 on dependent visas.

I am yet to apply for BC.

Considering that my wife and daughter's visas are up for renewal in March 2020 and I am a little desperate to get BC due to work reasons (for ease of travel), please could you recommend the best way forward that will save money and hassles.

Best regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Steps forward - applying for BC for whole family

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:05 am

They need to extend their visas. Not sure what you are actually asking. There is no shortcut for them or way to save money, they don't qualify for citizenship yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Steps forward - applying for BC for whole family

Post by aman90 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:11 am

Well.. you can apply for BC any day if you fulfil the requirements- read guidance or peruse forum.
Ur dependants, as per ur dates shall not be eligible for ILR till 2022.