ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU treaty visa wife south african

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eloytje
Newly Registered
Netherlands

EU treaty visa wife south african

Post by Eloytje » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:33 am

Dear all,

Since a few months we are looking in to getting my fiancée to Ireland under the EU treaty rights.

In January 2020 we will be get officially married in South Africa and after this we will start the application process.

Just a little back story:

I live in Ireland since June 2019 and met my wife to be in October 2017, since than we have been visiting each other, me to south africa and she came to Ireland. At the moment she is still living in South Africa.

In the application form it asks for her residency address in Ireland but she will still be living in South Africa until we get the stamp.

Could someone give me some advise in how to start the process and what we would need as proof of our relationship?

Kind regards

Dav20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EU treaty visa wife south african

Post by Dav20 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi,
If you look at EUTR1 form and guidance it'll indicate exactly what you need to provide.

Not sure what your nationality is but if it's British then probably waiting until January will be a bit risky I guess.

Best wishes,

Eloytje
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: EU treaty visa wife south african

Post by Eloytje » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Dear dav12,

Thank you, but as she was coming in Ireland to visit me a few months ago without a visa as she is south african, they gave her a lot of problems,

Would the best be to get her here for the 3 months, walking togheter through immigration with our marriage certificate? And take it from there?