ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working with same Tier 2 ICT employer after getting Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kbharathi
Newly Registered

Working with same Tier 2 ICT employer after getting Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa

Post by kbharathi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi,

Can we continue to work with same Tier 2 ICT employer after getting Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa?
As long as the ICT employer does not mention anything related about visa change in the contract, can we continue to work for some time legally, before switching job or starting a business?

Thanks,
KB

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Working with same Tier 2 ICT employer after getting Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:29 pm

You are required to inform your employer when you change your visa and get a new brp card and they are required to update the SMS system and report changes to ukvi.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kbharathi
Newly Registered

Re: Working with same Tier 2 ICT employer after getting Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa

Post by kbharathi » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks CR001 for your quick response.

kbharathi
Newly Registered

Post by kbharathi » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Home office also would have already notified of my visa change to my employer as my CoS is invalid now?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Home office doesn't notify tier 2 sponsors when migrants change visa categories. It is your responsibility to do it and provide evidence of right to work and your employer's responsibility to update the SMS system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kbharathi
Newly Registered

Post by kbharathi » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks CR001 for the response. I will inform my employer this week.