ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I change the entry clearance dates if I can't fly that time period?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

usasunshine23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Can I change the entry clearance dates if I can't fly that time period?

Post by usasunshine23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:47 am

I'm due to receive my visa any day now, and requested for the entry date Jan 15, but because I am going to receive it may be like Nov 20 for example. Will I get Dec 1- Dec 30? If so is there any way we can pay and change the dates and extend it further?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Can I change the entry clearance dates if I can't fly that time period?

Post by THO » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:58 am

Hi,

I was in the same situation regarding my wife's visa. I found out you can change the date, it takes about 2 weeks to get the process done, and as I recall it's something like £80 or so. I am sure someone will know the exact process as I didn't look into it further than ask my lawyer if it was possible. But it was possible

We asked for a date that was some weeks after 1 month (travel vignette for a spouse visa) would have expired, and they obliged by ending our visa a couple of days after we intended to travel. So hopefully, they will notice that you have a date you wish to travel and will also accommodate you. Obviously, we had no idea how long it would take to receive her passport back with the vignette, from when we sent it, estimates varied from 1 to 4 weeks. It took just 2.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:52 am

usasunshine23 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:47 am
I'm due to receive my visa any day now, and requested for the entry date Jan 15, but because I am going to receive it may be like Nov 20 for example. Will I get Dec 1- Dec 30? If so is there any way we can pay and change the dates and extend it further?
If you requested a future entry date, the 30 day vignette to enter the UK should be valid from that date. If necessary, you can also apply for a new 30 day vignette (by applying for a transfer of conditions) for a fee if you are not able to enter the UK within the validity period.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... visa-ecb17
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:18 am

usasunshine23 wrote:
If you have clearly stated a travel date, it will likely be issued from that date. If you stated a date and it is not issued like that, you will need to raise it and it will be corrected free of charge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usasunshine23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by usasunshine23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:18 am
usasunshine23 wrote:
If you have clearly stated a travel date, it will likely be issued from that date. If you stated a date and it is not issued like that, you will need to raise it and it will be corrected free of charge.
Do I call UKVI for that? or Who will I need to call?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:55 pm

You would need to raise the issue, if it happens, with the visa application centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.