ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Visa Extension (husband on ILR)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

charua4

PBS Dependant Visa Extension (husband on ILR)

Post by charua4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi Experts

I am due to apply for my PBS Dependant Visa Extension and recently my husband got ILR on 5 nov 2019 via Tier 2 General 5 year route.
My husband is still working with the same employer.
I got PBS Dependant visa in 11 Nov 2016 and valid till 14 Dec 2019

I have below concerns in the application form:-

1. Is Mr XXX work in a shortage occupation?
2. What is the length of Mr XXX Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?

His CoS Details are as follows:-

Date assigned: 12 Nov 2014
Expiry Date (use by): 13 Feb 2015

Work Dates:
Start date : 01 Dec 2014
End Date : 30 Nov 2019

SOC Code: 2135

Based on the above details can you please help with above two questions ?

Thanks.

charua4

Re: PBS Dependant Visa Extension (husband on ILR)

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:55 am

Hi Experts

Can anyone please reply, sorry if am sounding impatient. I need to submit my application and not sure of above questions.
My doubt and concern is also related to the fact that length of CoS if selected more than 3 years, fees is getting doubled whereas as my husband is on ILR I can only be granted visa extension for 3 years.
Not sure what value I should put based on the data I shared.
Hoping for a quick response.

gatha_vdm
India

Post by gatha_vdm » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:42 am

Hi,

I have recently done this for my wife.

your question 1 is always a confusion point to avoid any delay, I would suggest go with non shortage occupation.

2: I need more details to answer your question, hoe many months/years needed for your ILR?

if it is anytime less than 3 years put 3 years is the length of your COS. You have to pay IHS surcharge for 3 years.

If it is even one day more than 3 years you have to opt for for 5 years and pay surcharge for 5 years.

Cheers!
Gatha

charua4

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:07 am

Hi Gatha

Many thanks for the reply.

I will be eligible for ILR in 2021 , meaning I just need it for 2 years, but I understand I cannot go for less than 2 years.
Do you think it is right to select Cos Length upto 3 years (even though my husband original cos was 5 years) ?

Also regarding 1st question 2135 is my husband's SOC code and I checked its in the Shortage occupation list, do you think I should select "yes" there ? It will also reduce the fees.
Of course I do not want to risk my application and thus seeking advice here. :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:20 am

If your husband has ILR, then they should grant 3 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

charua4

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:38 am

Hi Vinny

Yes that is my understanding as well, that I will be granted visa for 3 years. But this leads to selection of correct values in the form as it fluctuates application cost as well.
My husband SOC is 2135 (which I understand is present in SOC List).
Also my husband initial Cos dates were Dec2014-N0v2019, which is 5 years.

I have below choices:

1. If I select Ques1 as Yes and Ques2 as "upto 3 years", then fees comes out to be 483.20£.
2. If I select ques1 as Yes and Ques 2 as "more than 3 years" then fees comes out to be more than 900£
3. If I Select Quest1 as No and Ques 2 as "upto 3 years" then fees comes out to be 723.20£
4. If I select quest1 as No and ques2 as "more than 3 years" fees goes to more than 1400£.

Based on the data shared, am bit confused what value should I select out of above 4 choices.

Just to re-iterate, my husband SOC is 2135 and his CoS dates are : 1 Dec 2014---30 Nov 2109 and he has already got his ILR on 5th November (via Tier2 General route)

gatha_vdm
India

Post by gatha_vdm » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:45 am

charua4 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:07 am
Hi Gatha

I will be eligible for ILR in 2021 , meaning I just need it for 2 years, but I understand I cannot go for less than 2 years.
Do you think it is right to select Cos Length upto 3 years (even though my husband original cos was 5 years) ?
- yes, 3 years is right, no worries
charua4 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:07 am
Also regarding 1st question 2135 is my husband's SOC code and I checked its in the Shortage occupation list, do you think I should select "yes" there ? It will also reduce the fees.
Of course I do not want to risk my application and thus seeking advice here. :)
- you can take chance, worst case they may ask you to pay the difference amount or it may get delayed, if you don't want to take a chance, you can opt to pay little extra.

charua4

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:06 am

Many Thanks Gatha.

I hope then I need to make a choice between 1 or 3. :)

charua4

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:31 am

Sorry just checking again, if any one has faced same situation and what choice (1-4) was selected ?

gatha_vdm
India

Post by gatha_vdm » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:05 pm

3 would be ideal with IMHO

charua4

Post by charua4 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:59 am

Hi Experts

Do you think if I select option 1 based on the situation described above is a problem?
Can home office simply refuse the application if correct fees is not paid or they ask to pay the remainder fees? In this scenario length of CoS question is worrying me as my husband CoS was for 5 years and if am giving answer to question 2 above as "upto 3 years", will it be deemed as giving wrong information? All this leads to 4 choices I have as described above. Can someone please confirm which choice is best?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:04 am

Your husband CoS was NOT a shortage occupation code. The change on 6th October does NOT apply to him or to you as his CoS was issued BEFORE this date.

Just answer the question honestly instead of trying to make it work for you to pay less fees.
3. If I Select Quest1 as No and Ques 2 as "upto 3 years" then fees comes out to be 723.20£
You can select this one as you will only get a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

charua4

Post by charua4 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:30 am

Hi CR001

Many thanks for the revert and sorry I opened the other thread.

Out of curiosity does Home office rejects the application straightaway or do they ask to pay remainder fees in case correct fees is not paid?
I am planning to go via super priority service.

charua4

Post by charua4 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi Experts

I attended today UKVCAS appointment for PBS Dependant Tier2 extension application and few hours later received an email from "Tier 2&5 Temporary Migration Consideration Tier25TMC@homeoffice.gov.uk" saying below(I used super priority service):

"I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter in due course which will explain your leave in more detail."

Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) may take up to 10 working days to be delivered from the date of this email. If it does not arrive after 10 working days, please contact us via the following link: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived.

The subject line says : TIER 2 LTR - XXXX

I have below questions:

1. Is the subject line correct for PBS Dependant Tier2 Extension (my husband already got ILR 2 weeks back)
2. Will i getting the BRP with same number or new number ?
3. How long it takes to update prove-right-to-work website ?
4. How to check my new leave validity, i am expecting it to be for 3 years as my husband is on ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:19 pm

1. Probably yes.

2. New number.

3. Usually immediately if you have your last BRP and it is not expired.

4. It will be for three years as that is what the rules state. You will have to wait till you receive your BRP card for the exact dates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

charua4

Post by charua4 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi CR001

Regarding point3 , by any chance can i check the details using BRP i have with me ? My current BRP is not expired yet and will be expiring in Dec 2019.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:34 pm

charua4 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:26 pm
Hi CR001

Regarding point3 , by any chance can i check the details using BRP i have with me ? My current BRP is not expired yet and will be expiring in Dec 2019.
Yes you can, but it might not tell you anything other than your current brp validity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

amal123
Newly Registered

Post by amal123 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:01 am

charua4 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:07 pm
Hi Experts

I attended today UKVCAS appointment for PBS Dependant Tier2 extension application and few hours later received an email from "Tier 2&5 Temporary Migration Consideration Tier25TMC@homeoffice.gov.uk" saying below(I used super priority service):

"I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter in due course which will explain your leave in more detail."

Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) may take up to 10 working days to be delivered from the date of this email. If it does not arrive after 10 working days, please contact us via the following link: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived.

The subject line says : TIER 2 LTR - XXXX

I have below questions:

1. Is the subject line correct for PBS Dependant Tier2 Extension (my husband already got ILR 2 weeks back)
2. Will i getting the BRP with same number or new number ?
3. How long it takes to update prove-right-to-work website ?
4. How to check my new leave validity, i am expecting it to be for 3 years as my husband is on ILR.
Hi
Congratulations!
I am in the same situation as yours, so I was wondering which option from your questions above did you use for your application and how much did you pay fir the ISH.
Thanks for your help in advance.

amal123
Newly Registered

Post by amal123 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:57 am

charua4 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:38 am
Hi Vinny

Yes that is my understanding as well, that I will be granted visa for 3 years. But this leads to selection of correct values in the form as it fluctuates application cost as well.
My husband SOC is 2135 (which I understand is present in SOC List).
Also my husband initial Cos dates were Dec2014-N0v2019, which is 5 years.

I have below choices:

1. If I select Ques1 as Yes and Ques2 as "upto 3 years", then fees comes out to be 483.20£.
2. If I select ques1 as Yes and Ques 2 as "more than 3 years" then fees comes out to be more than 900£
4. If I select quest1 as No and ques2 as "more than 3 years" fees goes to more than 1400£.

Based on the data shared, am bit confused what value should I select out of above 4 choices.

Just to re-iterate, my husband SOC is 2135 and his CoS dates are : 1 Dec 2014---30 Nov 2109 and he has already got his ILR on 5th November (via Tier2 General route)
Hi
I meant which of these options did you choose and how much was the IHS payment.
Thanks

charua4

Post by charua4 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:54 am

Hi

I chose option 1 and added super priority service thus paid 1283.20 (483.20 + 800) and IHS as 1200. I put BRP expiry date as 3 years from the date of application. I put 30 Nov 2022 as BRP expiry date.

I received letter from home office today but there is no mention of duration of leave granted.
I am still waiting for BRP to check leave to remain granted. I am hoping it to be 3 years as my husband is on ILR.

amal123
Newly Registered

Post by amal123 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:56 pm

charua4 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:54 am
Hi

I chose option 1 and added super priority service thus paid 1283.20 (483.20 + 800) and IHS as 1200. I put BRP expiry date as 3 years from the date of application. I put 30 Nov 2022 as BRP expiry date.

I received letter from home office today but there is no mention of duration of leave granted.
I am still waiting for BRP to check leave to remain granted. I am hoping it to be 3 years as my husband is on ILR.
Thanks a lot for your response. I think I am going to follow your steps. Just I wanted to double check that your situation is same as mine: your husband’s CoS code was not in the SOL initially but it became in the SOL just before you visa extension application?
Please also update us about the period granted for your extension so we learn from your example.

All the best and thanks again for your help

amal123
Newly Registered

Post by amal123 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:01 pm

amal123 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:56 pm
charua4 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:54 am
Hi

Thanks a lot for your response. I think I am going to follow your steps. Just I wanted to double check that your situation is same as mine: your husband’s CoS code was not in the SOL initially but it became in the SOL just before you visa extension application?
Please also update us about the period granted for your extension so we learn from your example.

All the best and thanks again for your help
Also may I ask if the CoS of your husband has stated that the job is in the SOL?

Thanks a lot

charua4

Post by charua4 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi

My husband’s SOC Code was initially not in the SOL and has been added recently in 6th October Home office list. I haven’t received the BRP yet so not sure about time of leave granted. Will keep the forum posted about the same. Regarding COS am not sure whether it was mentioned or not, I believe not as at the time of his initial COS , code was not in SOL.
He got single CoS in 2014 for 5 years.

amal123
Newly Registered

Post by amal123 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:57 am

charua4 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Hi

My husband’s SOC Code was initially not in the SOL and has been added recently in 6th October Home office list. I haven’t received the BRP yet so not sure about time of leave granted. Will keep the forum posted about the same. Regarding COS am not sure whether it was mentioned or not, I believe not as at the time of his initial COS , code was not in SOL.
He got single CoS in 2014 for 5 years.
Hi
Hope you received your BRP by now.
Just one more question:
In your extension application did you use your husband’s BRP before or after the ILR?

Thanks

charua4

Post by charua4 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Unfortunately I haven't received the BRP yet. Its 4 working days since I received the decision .
I used my husband's BRP which he got post ILR(before that he had old style vignette affixed on his passport).