ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birst BP interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Birst BP interview

Post by sky_rise » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:34 pm

dear all,

I have applied on 1st nov for the first passport, and called the HMPO hotline today to see how long is processing to be expected as i need to travel (been in processing status from 5 nov).

I was told that it is going to be an interview stage and i should expect a letter to be sent with number to call and arrange.

Few questions:
- how much more of a delay this could create to processing?
- I almost dont see any post in BP timelines that people have interviews - this seems super rare!
- Is that a formality or what could be the reason for an interview? I got my ceremony 1st nov after living 13y in the UK. Was approved for naturalisation in 4 weeks.

Thanks!

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Birst BP interview

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Hello

This options always existed for them to ask the person to come to see them for a face to face interview.

It has nothing to do with your British citizenship application as HMPO doesn't deal with that.

They are mainly trying to make sure you are who you say you are. They want to make sure there is no identify fraud or similar.

Take all your documents with you. Including photo id and go there.

I found this online. These are very typical for identity fraud investigation. But doesn't worry. Sometimes it's like airports where they randomly pick up people for secondary screening because they have a quota of these to achieve every day:
1) Postcode of where you live.
2) Your full name and spelling.
3) Your parners name.
4) Your date of birth.
5) Your husbands date of birth.
6) Your Mothers full name.
7) Where was your mother born.
8) Your fathers full name.
9) Where was your father born.
10) The date you got married.
11) How long have you been in the uk.
12) How many children do you have.
13) Your childrens date of births and there age.
14) Who countersigned the application and your picture.
15) How do you know the countersigner and where does he live.
16) What does the countersigner do, his job.
17) Is your house a terraced, semi detached or what.
18) How many bedrooms do you have.
19) What didi you send withn your passport application and how much did you pay. how did you pay, cash/creditcard.
20) How many brothers and sisters do you have.
21) Do you own your house or what are the circumstances.
22) When you first came to the uk where did you live.
Check this thread too:

british-citizenship/passport-interview- ... 64893.html

It has a lot of examples similar to the one I posted.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Zerubbabel, many thanks for your reply and help!

Strangely enough, just received a text and and emai lsaying application approved and passport will be printed and another text to follow when dispatched. Does it mean there is not going to be an interview now since it is approved? Or, it won't be sent until I go to interview? I haven't received any interview letter though, only advised so by HMPO hotline.

Thanks!

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:18 pm

sky_rise wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Strangely enough, just received a text and and emai lsaying application approved and passport will be printed and another text to follow when dispatched. Does it mean there is not going to be an interview now since it is approved? Or, it won't be sent until I go to interview? I haven't received any interview letter though, only advised so by HMPO hotline.

Thanks!
another quick development - just received a text passport is printed and dispatched :D

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Passport interviews are conducted randomly, not every first applicant is interviewed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:50 pm

sky_rise wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:18 pm
sky_rise wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Thanks!
another quick development - just received a text passport is printed and dispatched :D
Amazing :) They just picked you up randomly then changed their mind.