ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Italy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bouchra9782
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Italy

Post by Bouchra9782 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:38 am

Hi,

Im a UK based EU resident moving to Italy for a new job. My husband, a non-EU, moved to UK this year with a eu family permit and currently had a 5Y UK residence card on the basis of marriage to EU person.
Can he move with me to Italy on the basis of his UK residence card and when in Italy re-apply for an Italian residence card.
Im worried that upon arrival in italy, not having a return flight, they will make an issue out of it.

Many thanks
Bo

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Italy

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Hello

I am an EEA national and I fly to EEA nearly on weekly basis. Often my non-EEA wife comes with me when the destination is interesting for her.

We had hard time is some places. Italy is very good usually. They see my passport, her EEA card and they connect the dots.

Never, not once, have we been asked to show a ticket. Border police never ask an EU citizen and partner to show return flight tickets.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Italy

Post by ibwe » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:01 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 pm
Hello

I am an EEA national and I fly to EEA nearly on weekly basis. Often my non-EEA wife comes with me when the destination is interesting for her.

We had hard time is some places. Italy is very good usually. They see my passport, her EEA card and they connect the dots.

Never, not once, have we been asked to show a ticket. Border police never ask an EU citizen and partner to show return flight tickets.
I second Zerubbabel on this. Italian immigration authorities are quite nice and have no issues towards EU/EEA family members. I have been there several times and not once my wife (EEA citizen) and I had issues. Just head to EEA/EU citizens lane and show both passports.