ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not enough lines for absence history in Set (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sidorka
Newly Registered

Not enough lines for absence history in Set (M)

Post by sidorka » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Hello

I have tried searching for this question, but didn't find anyone asking.
I am applying for ILR using Set(M) form and I cannot add additional lines to cover all of my 33 absences from the UK over the last 5 years. I am not breaking the 90 days limit, but I tend to go for short breaks quite a lot. Why is there a 30 line limit in the online form? :roll:
I cannot find any other appropriate space to put the missing absences either. Shall I print the absences on a separate letter and upload with other documents?

Appreciate your advice.
Irina

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Not enough lines for absence history in Set (M)

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:37 pm

I am not breaking the 90 days limit, but I tend to go for short breaks quite a lot.
There is NO such limit. Not sure why you believe there is??
Why is there a 30 line limit in the online form? :roll:
The online form cannot go on indefinitely. Just add a spreadsheet with the extra 3 trips!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sidorka
Newly Registered

Post by sidorka » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Firstly, thank you for a super quick response confirming my expectation.

I think the limit is 180 days, which wasn't my question, but I guess you don't want me to cause confusion for other people reading the forum.
The officers in the immigration service could benefit from automatic calculation using the online data and I am surprised that the limit is relatively small for 5 year period.

Thanks
Irina

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:09 pm

I think the limit is 180 days, which wasn't my question, but I guess you don't want me to cause confusion for other people reading the forum.

There is no absence limit (180 days or other) for spouse settlement visa holders. The 180 days applies to a completely different visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sidorka
Newly Registered

Post by sidorka » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Why do they need to know the absences at all then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:14 pm

sidorka wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:12 pm
Why do they need to know the absences at all then?
Likely to make sure you are not living elsewhere and only popping into the UK to renew visas and apply for ILR, which requires 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sidorka
Newly Registered

Post by sidorka » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:49 pm

Thats interesting. There is a question if an applicant lived with their partner permanently in the UK since a permission to enter was granted, so the answer would have been no in this case and the application most likely rejected anyway. But to be honest, I think the absence limit does make sense for people who truly want to settle in the UK. Cannot see a situation where an applicant lives in another country separately from a British spouse, and still qualifies for ILR? By the way, I have found why I was thinking about 90 days, and this would be valid for the citizenship requirement as a next step after ILR.