ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application was refused because of registration certificate document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Thorpito
Newly Registered
Greece

British citizenship application was refused because of registration certificate document

Post by Thorpito » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi all

My British citizenship application was refused because when I applied for permanent residence document last year they provided me with a useless registration certificate document.

When I saw the letter I applied for indefinite leave to remain.

Does anybody know how long it will take for the ILR to be issued and what date will be on it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship application was refused because of registration certificate document

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Presumably you mean you applied for the EU Settled Scheme?? If yes, the date is valid from is the date of approval. Settled Status is not backdated to an earlier date.

You then need to hold Settled status for 12 months from date it is granted before you can apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thorpito
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: British citizenship application was refused because of registration certificate document

Post by Thorpito » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Presumably you mean you applied for the EU Settled Scheme?? If yes, the date is valid from is the date of approval. Settled Status is not backdated to an earlier date.

You then need to hold Settled status for 12 months from date it is granted before you can apply for citizenship.
Thank you for the response
Any ideas if I have any other options to apply again before I Wait for another 12 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Reapply for PR with a 5 year qualifying period in the past as an EU citizen being qualified exercising treaty rights and hopefully you get it and it is back dated to when you attained the status.

Unclear why you got a RC instead of a DCPR. What period of evidence did you submit when you applied for PR (and did you use the correct form)?

Did HO send you a letter with the RC saying why you don't qualify for PR?

What is your UK immigration history and exercising treaty rights etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thorpito
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Thorpito » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:18 pm

I have been working in uk since 2013, I am sure I did the correct form as we did it with my wife and she got the right one. Ho haven’t sent me any explanation. To be honest I just realised that I don’t have the right document after 1,5 years because my application was just refused.

The documents are very similar as you already know so I didn’t realise it’s not the right one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Are you or your spouse an EU or non EU citizen? Unclear from your posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Thorpito
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Thorpito » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:33 pm

We are both EU citizens

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Did you work continuously in the UK since 2013 with no absence from the UK of more than six months? Did you consistently earn more than about £150 per week? Did you work part-time or full-time?

Were both your wife and you resident in the UK since 2013?

What evidence of working in the UK did you provide to show that you have worked continuously in the UK since 2013?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Thorpito
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Thorpito » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:32 pm

We both worked full time and we both earned much more than £150 per week . I sent them all the P60 and all the info that they requested + mortgage certificate etc. we didn’t leave the country for more than 6 months.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:04 pm

File for a detailed SAR with the Home Office to see what comments have been placed on your file with them. That may help clarify why you were issued a Residence Certificate instead of a DCPR. Based on that you can take further steps.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.