ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn child in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

softwareluv
India

Newborn child in the UK

Post by softwareluv » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi there,

This might be very obvious but I just want to check this with some experts on this board.

I have new baby boy born 2 weeks ago in the UK. Me and my wife are settled in the UK.

As baby is just born and he don't need to go out of the UK just yet. Do I just apply for his British Passport directly or I need to first apply using MN1 form for him and then apply for British Passport?

He do not have Indian birth certificate registered nor have Indian Passport applied yet.

Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Newborn child in the UK

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:30 pm

If born AFTER you got ilr, then child is automatically British and can apply for passport directly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.