ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help guys extended family member case please please pleasse help guys

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Need help guys extended family member case please please pleasse help guys

Post by Mitchelle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:21 pm

My friend applied as an extended family memeber in 2015 and the case was refused in 2015 reson stated that sponsor who was his brother is not exercising treaty rights. Long story short the case was won in 2019 june. (Sala case). Now in 2016 when the case in the court his brother passed away. Now the situation the guy won appeal and got his card.
Whats the next step he should do?
Can he get indefinate stay in the uk as his sponsor passed away!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Need help guys extended family member case please please pleasse help guys

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Was the Tribunal not informed before granting the appeal, that the EEA national had died.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Post by Mitchelle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:52 pm

No tribunal was not informed and he got it on paper appeal

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Post by Mitchelle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:54 pm

And the reason was that when the brother passed away the case was already lodged in the court!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:01 pm

This is a tricky one. If he was a family member at the time when the EEA national died, he would have been fine, but at the time when the appeal was decided, the EEA national had died, he would not have been granted a residence card if the authorities were aware the EEA nation was deceased.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Mitchelle wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:21 pm
Now in 2016 when the case in the court his brother passed away. Now the situation the guy won appeal and got his card.
A Residence Card issued under the EEA Regulations is not a visa. It is merely confirmation of a state of affairs (dependency or relationship) at the time of the submission of the application.

In this case, if the brother is dead when the Residence Card is issued, the EFM can't be dependent on a dead person and therefore the Residence Card is already invalid at the time of issue and the EFM has no legal residence in the UK. S/he would look for alternative applications to reside in the UK or look at other countries to immigrate to.
Regulation 18 of the EEA Regulations 2016 wrote:(7) A residence card—
(a) must be called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen”;
(b) is proof of the holder’s right to reside on the date of issue;
(c) is no longer valid if the holder ceases to have a right to reside under these Regulations;
(d) is invalid if the holder never had a right to reside under these Regulations.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Duff
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Duff » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Obie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:35 pm
Was the Tribunal not informed before granting the appeal, that the EEA national had died.
Please help, I can't find my previous post here, has it been deleted or moved, please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Duff wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:17 pm
Obie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:35 pm
Please help, I can't find my previous post here, has it been deleted or moved, please help
eea-route-applications/need-help-guys-e ... l#p1872256

Perhaps you should also read the forum rules, especially about tagging and hijacking other members topics!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.