ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Spouse Visa from UAE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malik747
Newly Registered

Applying for Spouse Visa from UAE

Post by malik747 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:54 am

Hello All,

Hope you all are well. Please advise on the below query:

I moved from U.K. to UAE in June 2018. I am a British Citizen. I have been living in UAE since June 2018. I got married recently and now planning to move back to U.K with my spouse.

Now what’s the best way to apply for Spouse Visa for my wife?

a) Can I apply for spouse visa for my wife from UAE while we are in UAE as I am maintaining a good income here in UAE?

b) Do I have to be in the U.K. and based on employment/self employment in U.K. I can apply Spouse Visa?

Please advise.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Spouse Visa from UAE

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:00 pm

If your UAE salary meets the financial requirement AND you have a confirmed job offer in the UK to join within 3 months, then yes. HO do check if your job offer is genuine. Note that spouse visa can take 60 working days or more, often longer than 90 days.

You can also use savings if you have £62,500 held for 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:03 pm

Since it appears UAE job OK financially then among other things, you should then get a guaranteed employment with income meeting the 18,600 requirements and starting within 3months of your relocation to UK.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:00 pm
If your UAE salary meets the financial requirement AND you have a confirmed job offer in the UK to join within 3 months, then yes. HO do check if your job offer is genuine. Note that spouse visa can take 60 working days or more, often longer than 90 days.

You can also use savings if you have £62,500 held for 6 months.
CR001 beats me to it, you are in best hands of Guru.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Additional details on the financial requirement in the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.