ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My ILR experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doctorwho
Newly Registered

My ILR experience

Post by doctorwho » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:16 pm

i All ,

I received my ILR today and I thought I should write my experience to help others who might be in a similar situation as myself . So here goes :

My eligibility date was 20/11/2019 . I submitted my online application on 6/11/2019. I uploaded all documents and attended the biometric appointment on 20/11/2019 . I did go for the super priority appointment and hence got my approval on 21/11/2019 morning .
The documents I uploaded :
One payslip of Oct ( Epayslip as I work in NHS)
One bank statement of Oct
Employers letter
Life in U.K. test
My passport current and old ( all pages of both scanned and uploaded- even the empty ones )
My BRP
My wife’s passport and brp( she is on her own tier2 visa)
My daughters passport , brp and birth certificate ( she is U.K. born so I will apply for her naturalisation soon )
Cover letter
Absences table
Our house property document ( the one in U.K.)
Mortgage statement
Penalty charge notice for driving in the bus lane ( it was my wife driving in my car)- I did declare that in the application

I am no expert at this but my advice is keep your application sleek , honest and to the point. Don’t send unnecessary documents ( p60s , hundreds of payslips , years worth of bank statements etc etc) .
Don’t worry if you have some PCN’s etc - declare it - being honest is important .

It is a stressful time for all who go thru it as your career , your family life and everything depends on this . If you can afford it go for the Super priority service it puts an end to your wait and uncertainty sooner than other options .

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: My ILR experience

Post by blackswanldn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:58 pm

thank you for the summary. very helpful and congrats! Are you calculating your eligibility date based on your visa issue date or the first entry stamp in your passport?

DId your employer letter include all your absences?

Can't wait for this to be over!

doctorwho
Newly Registered

Post by doctorwho » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:53 am

So I was granted my first tier 2 visa on 17/12/14 and I entered U.K. on the 29/12/14. So I calculated from the date I was granted . I wrote the same in my cover letter to kindly consider that duration under absence from U.K. as per policy guidance .

My employer letter was a single document which had all my details including my position , department , salary , date joined , nature of contract , soc code , absences table and a statement that I will be needed for employment for the foreseeable future .

All the best.

doctorwho
Newly Registered

Post by doctorwho » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:55 am

Absences means absence from U.K. - includes business trips and leisure ones . No need to include any annual leaves for leisure within the country .

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Post by Konzo1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 am

doctorwho wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:16 pm
i All ,

I received my ILR today and I thought I should write my experience to help others who might be in a similar situation as myself . So here goes :

My eligibility date was 20/11/2019 . I submitted my online application on 6/11/2019. I uploaded all documents and attended the biometric appointment on 20/11/2019 . I did go for the super priority appointment and hence got my approval on 21/11/2019 morning .
The documents I uploaded :
One payslip of Oct ( Epayslip as I work in NHS)
One bank statement of Oct
Employers letter
Life in U.K. test
My passport current and old ( all pages of both scanned and uploaded- even the empty ones )
My BRP
My wife’s passport and brp( she is on her own tier2 visa)
My daughters passport , brp and birth certificate ( she is U.K. born so I will apply for her naturalisation soon )
Cover letter
Absences table
Our house property document ( the one in U.K.)
Mortgage statement
Penalty charge notice for driving in the bus lane ( it was my wife driving in my car)- I did declare that in the application

I am no expert at this but my advice is keep your application sleek , honest and to the point. Don’t send unnecessary documents ( p60s , hundreds of payslips , years worth of bank statements etc etc) .
Don’t worry if you have some PCN’s etc - declare it - being honest is important .

It is a stressful time for all who go thru it as your career , your family life and everything depends on this . If you can afford it go for the Super priority service it puts an end to your wait and uncertainty sooner than other options .

so you submitted your application before the qualifying period but presented your biometric within the qualifying period, right?

I thought the date of application is the date of submission of the online HO form

doctorwho
Newly Registered

Post by doctorwho » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:56 am

Yes I did .

The day u submit your biometric should be within the qualifying period . Technically it’s the day u do ur biometric is the day the Home office receives your application .

mental4vray
Mood:
India

Post by mental4vray » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:05 am

Hi,

What document did you submit as a house property document?

Thanks