ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR For Child Born Outside the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Duchess07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Botswana

ILR For Child Born Outside the UK

Post by Duchess07 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Greetings to you all

I am seeking advice from this forum regarding a visa application for my son. The background of the story is that my son and I moved to the UK in July 2019 (Fiancée Visa and Child dependent Visa respectively - both 6 months ). I am in the process of switching to a spouse visa as I am now married, but I cannot help but wonder if my son qualifies for ILR under his father who has ILR? If yes, is there an IHS FEE required for him with the ILR application?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR For Child Born Outside the UK

Post by zimba » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Children born outside the UK follow the immigration path of the less privileged parent. So ILR is only granted when both parents are also granted ILR. ILR has no IHS fees
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Duchess07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Botswana

Post by Duchess07 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt reply @Zimba!

On my spouse visa application it asks if I have any dependents and whether I want to include them on my application. So at it stands, we’ve raised enough money for 1 application so far and were planning to submit mine (spouse) now and then my son’s one later just before his 6 month child dependent visa expires in January. Would it be a big issue to the HO that we have submitted separately as on my application they also ask why I am not including my child on it?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:06 pm

It should be fine as he has visa for now but UKVI may ask questions. Simply explain that you prefer to apply later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice