ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application References

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maximus_
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalization Application References

Post by maximus_ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi All,

I had few queries around the Naturalization Application Reference Section i.e Section-14, would appreciate your feedback.

Referee’s Address / Contact number for Referee:
- Does the address and telephone contact details need to be local in Ireland ?
One of my Irish contacts which i plan to use as Referee has moved to UK. Any impact on application if the Address and contact details from the UK are mentioned here.

- Length of time Referee has known the Applicant:
Is there any minimum requirement that the referee has to be known for X number of years (3 year or 5 year) ?

Many Thanks,

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Naturalization Application References

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Use an Irish address where the referee lived in Ireland before moving to the UK. They won’t actually write to the referee anyway.
There’s no requirement on the length of time. They won’t be able to verify this either.

nojoyfrominis

Re: Naturalization Application References

Post by nojoyfrominis » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Do you have no other Irish colleague or friend who is still resident in Ireland. Although they do not contact the referees, but I remember someone posting on this forum that their referee was contacted. Tbh that is the only person I heard telling that the refree was contacted. But if I were you, I will not take risk and put the right info on the form