ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shinmaen25
Newly Registered
Philippines

Application for British Citizenship

Post by Shinmaen25 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello everyone. I’m really confused and worried about my application for British citizenship. Basically, I’ve done the online application and scanned some of my documents. My solicitor said that I needed to bring two of my reference form for my appointment . However, when I went to my appointment at Cardiff library, they only took my biometrics. They confirmed to me that all the documents that I have scanned are all good. They also said that I only need to wait for two weeks to have the decision if my documents has been approved. Then I have to send all the original documents to the home office. I’m really confused. It’s almost two weeks now and I haven’t got any email or letter about my application. Also, why do I need to wait for their approval before sending my original documents?

katanayi
Mood:

Re: Application for British Citizenship

Post by katanayi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:09 pm

Why did you send originals by post?

Once you uploaded all documents and did biometrics that's all, just wait, it might take up to 6 months for your approval.