ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa or human rights Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

logical_riz
India

Spouse Visa or human rights Visa?

Post by logical_riz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi Everyone, I am looking for an advice on behalf of my friend. She is British citizen with two kids and married to Indian citizen. She wants to invite her husband to UK to live. Her husband has got multiple entry UK visit visa. She is thinking while her husband is in UK on visit visa then apply for Human rights base visa in UK. Is this possible? Or what other options she has. Thanks for reading.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa or human rights Visa?

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:44 am

Human Rights on what basis? What are the requirements for spouse visa that is met or not? Then moderators can now give logical n informed opinion

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:29 am

logical_riz wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:07 pm
Hi Everyone, I am looking for an advice on behalf of my friend. She is British citizen with two kids and married to Indian citizen. She wants to invite her husband to UK to live. Her husband has got multiple entry UK visit visa. She is thinking while her husband is in UK on visit visa then apply for Human rights base visa in UK. Is this possible? Or what other options she has. Thanks for reading.
Spouse visa from India. Every time.

When he enters the UK, he would have to say why he is entering, if asked. It is not possible to change from a visitor visa to any other visa within the UK, and so he risks being denied entry. He also risks having visas refused if he lies to an ECO...

logical_riz
India

Post by logical_riz » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:30 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:44 am
Human Rights on what basis? What are the requirements for spouse visa that is met or not? Then moderators can now give logical n informed opinion
They have two kids together, now mother and two kids currently in UK, does father have no rights to live with family in UK for the better of kids?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Apply for apply for a spouse visa from home country in the correct way like everyone else does. This is the simplest, cheapest and less complicated way to do things than trying to circumvent the immigration laws by entering as a visitor and trying to stay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:59 pm

logical_riz wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:30 pm

They have two kids together, now mother and two kids currently in UK, does father have no rights to live with family in UK for the better of kids?
Short answer, no. They have a right to a family life, but a) that doesn't have to be in the UK and b) they have already shown that they can maintain a family life without him in the UK. This is the view taken by the immigration rules.

Spouse visa, just like everyone else would allow him to live in the UK with his family.