ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exam visa (visit visa)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

webguru
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Exam visa (visit visa)

Post by webguru » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:25 am

Hi
I am asking this for someone. A doctor(she) have applied for UK visit visa for a course which was for 18 days but mentioned that i will need continuous visit therefore applied for 2 years visa and she had 6 month uk visit visa in past.

She spent 134 days in UK when she got her first 6 months visa while she mentioned 8 days in her application.

This time her 2 year visa application was refused and they mentioned below reasons.

I have refused your application for a visit visa because
 To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules, I must assess your own personal and financial circumstances. The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions.
 You are applying to visit the UK for 15 days for training courses. Your application has been refused because you do not meet the requirements as a general visitor.

Guidance and immigration rules are published on GOV.UK
(https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa) to help applicants choose the right visa. I cannot offer immigration advice, but it appears that there are other parts of the immigration rules that may more closely fit your circumstances.
 I note from your previous visa application that you had declared on your application form that the duration of your visit would be for 8 days; however you stayed for 134 days on that occasion. The information you have submitted does not explain why you stayed in the UK longer than you intended to, how you supported yourself in the UK during this extended stay or how you met your financial obligations during this time.
While you stayed within the validity of your visa, the fact that you stayed in the United Kingdom for a significantly longer period than you stated undermines the credibility of the visit proposed in your current application and I am not satisfied that you will leave the UK at the end of your stated 18 day visit.
 Each of the factors listed above have not been taken in isolation but considered collectively. I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances or intentions in wishing to enter the United Kingdom. This undermines the credibility of your application to the extent that I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Paragraph V 4.2 (a) (c) of the Immigration Rules

My question is, Is it possible that she apply again for 6 months visit visa for a training and how are the chances to get visa ?
thanks

secret.simon

Re: Exam visa (visit visa)

Post by secret.simon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:59 am

webguru wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:25 am
I note from your previous visa application that you had declared on your application form that the duration of your visit would be for 8 days; however you stayed for 134 days on that occasion. The information you have submitted does not explain why you stayed in the UK longer than you intended to, how you supported yourself in the UK during this extended stay or how you met your financial obligations during this time.
While you stayed within the validity of your visa, the fact that you stayed in the United Kingdom for a significantly longer period than you stated undermines the credibility of the visit proposed in your current application and I am not satisfied that you will leave the UK at the end of your stated 18 day visit.
It is quite likely that any visit visas in the near future will be refused unless the questions listed in the refusal (why she stayed longer than stated and how she supported herself financially in the UK in that period) are addressed.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.