ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional referee - British but not a UK-resident

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dazzle

Naturalisation form - Passport issuing authority

Post by dazzle » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Just filling in British naturalisation form for my wife. It's asking for the issuing authority. The form also states that "on your passport this could also be referred to as 'country of issue' or 'place of issue'."

My wife's passport doesn't have an issuing authority field, but does have "place of issue". This is simply "London", as it was given at the embassy in London.

So the form suggests writing "London" as the issuing authority, but this just doesn't seem right.
My wife is Cameroonian and the issuing authority is called the DGSN, however the passport doesn't state this.

We were thinking of just writing "DGSN via London Cameroon High Commission". Is it important that the form matches the passport with this?

Can anyone advise please?

trueblue19

Re: Naturalisation form - Passport issuing authority

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Just put Cameroonian passport issued in London.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:01 pm

dazzle wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:50 pm
Just filling in British naturalisation form for my wife. It's asking for the issuing authority. The form also states that "on your passport this could also be referred to as 'country of issue' or 'place of issue'."

My wife's passport doesn't have an issuing authority field, but does have "place of issue". This is simply "London", as it was given at the embassy in London.

So the form suggests writing "London" as the issuing authority, but this just doesn't seem right.
My wife is Cameroonian and the issuing authority is called the DGSN, however the passport doesn't state this.

We were thinking of just writing "DGSN via London Cameroon High Commission". Is it important that the form matches the passport with this?

Can anyone advise please?
Cameroon High Commission, London
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

dazzle

Post by dazzle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:56 am

Thank you!

dazzle

Professional referee - British but not a UK-resident

Post by dazzle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Second question about BC application please. Hope its ok I started a new thread.

For the professional referee we are considering a good friend who is a British Citizen, but resides overseas. His family is living in the UK just down the road from us, and he's visiting them over the next few days, so we were hoping to complete the form at the same time.

Is it a requirement for the referees to be UK resident?

(The first referee is also British and a UK resident)
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Professional referee - British but not a UK-resident

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dazzle

ESOL Level 3 certificate used for ILR in 2015

Post by dazzle » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Third, and hopefully final question here please. Regarding the English language requirement.
My wife used an ESOL Entry Level 3 certificate for her ILR application in Feb 2015.
The provider is no longer on the approved list.
The AN form asks if a B1 level certificate was used for a previous application. My wife's certificate doesn't refer to B1, but I recall that B1 is equal to ESOL Level 3.
Are we safe to tick yes and no new English test is required?
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Professional referee - British but not a UK-resident

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf

Quoted from Page 18:

"If you met the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the
UK when you applied for settlement by having a B1 level test you do not have to
demonstrate it again. (People who applied for settlement on or after 28 October
2013 needed to have had a B1 level qualification.)

As the qualification was accepted and is equal to B1 then you can say "yes" and no new test required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.