ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Requirements (Indonesian Wife)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Edinburgh9
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spouse Visa Requirements (Indonesian Wife)

Post by Edinburgh9 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi all, and thank you in advance for any advice.

My Indonesian wife is about to apply for her spouse visa to enter the UK. She has been here twice already with a visitors visa on holiday.

My current situation regarding accommodation is this:-
For the last 6 years I have been living with my parents, and renting my own home to tenants. The tenants will leave this month and I will take back possession of my house, where I intend to live with my wife going forward.

My question is this:- Should we use my parents address in the visa application as my current address, and where we intend to live? OR Should we use my new address (my property) as my current address, and where we intend to live going forward?

Much appreciated to all
Kind regards
Philip

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse Visa Requirements (Indonesian Wife)

Post by geoeng » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:22 pm

I believe the application form has spaces for both current address (where you live at the date of application) and the address where you intend to live together with your wife, for which you will have to provide evidence of ownership/occupation (property deed, mortgage statement, etc.).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Edinburgh9 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:33 pm
? OR Should we use my new address (my property) as my current address, and where we intend to live going forward?
Preferably use that one and before applying create few proof of address there although it is not mandatory.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Edinburgh9
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Edinburgh9 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 am

Thank you