ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I have different categories of visas at the same time?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

davyblue
Newly Registered
Korea South

Can I have different categories of visas at the same time?

Post by davyblue » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Hello all,

It would be a silly question you already know but I want to clear this situation at once.

Currently, I've got a Tier 4 student visa valid from September last year to February next year and then I got a Tier 5 YMS visa at June but I chose the validation date from October because I was able to return to the UK with a Tier 4 visa and I made it after new Tier 4 vignette placed in my passport. Additionally, I don't have any invalidation stamps on my Tier 4 visa.

The point is that Someone said 'you can carry different types of visas at the same time' but others said 'you can't' so that makes me some confusion. Therefore, can I carry two legit vignettes also believe these are still valid?

Many thanks for your advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I have different categories of visas at the same time?

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Your tier 4 would have been cancelled when the tier 5 was granted. You cannot hold two different UK visas.

Your tier 5 vignette is also likely only a 30 day validity and not the full two years, so presumably you have collected your BRP card from your nominated Post Office?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

davyblue
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by davyblue » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 pm

Yes. I already collected a new BRP months ago. Thank you for your advice! :D

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:11 am

davyblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:56 pm
The point is that Someone said 'you can carry different types of visas at the same time' but others said 'you can't' so that makes me some confusion.
Moral of the story is -- do your own research. See the Home Office's information about this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... eave-ecb22

You also need to let your Tier 4 sponsor know as soon as possible that you are no longer their sponsored student, even if your course has now finished.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

davyblue
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by davyblue » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:37 am

Thank you sah10406. My Tier 4 sponsor already noticed my changes and they confirmed that it is ok to finish my study. The reason why wrote this thread is I had found some information which a quite controversial about carrying different visas on Google search and I want to make sure the current policy has been supporting that answer or not.