ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deception UK Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Greyson1981
Newly Registered
United States of America

Deception UK Spouse Visa

Post by Greyson1981 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 pm

Hello,

I posted before but was unable to use that prior log in. My husband had married a UK citizen for residency while still being married and living with me. I reported it to HO. Application was denied but not for deception/misrepresentation/bigamy. Denial was for having not met the income thresholds. He submitted yet another spouse visa application, this time with the idea that finances are as desired. Is it possible HO had not examined the evidence I had submitted initially? If this is a second fraudulent/frivolous application is he likely to be banned if found out? His bigamous marriage was executed in the Caribbean. He is not from a culture where polygamy is practiced. I have initiated divorce proceedings.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Deception UK Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:42 pm

Greyson1981 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 pm
Hello,

I posted before but was unable to use that prior log in. My husband had married a UK citizen for residency while still being married and living with me. I reported it to HO. Application was denied but not for deception/misrepresentation/bigamy. Denial was for having not met the income thresholds. He submitted yet another spouse visa application, this time with the idea that finances are as desired. Is it possible HO had not examined the evidence I had submitted initially? If this is a second fraudulent/frivolous application is he likely to be banned if found out? His bigamous marriage was executed in the Caribbean. He is not from a culture where polygamy is practiced. I have initiated divorce proceedings.
How and where you reported? Had you attached a valid marriage certificate to support your report that he is already married? Most anonymous reports without documentary evidence mostly ignored unless it poses risk to law & order.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Greyson1981
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Greyson1981 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 pm

I submitted everything via HO portal. Marriage license, lease, car/life insurance etc.

uk7591
Pakistan

Post by uk7591 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:18 am

Greyson1981 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 pm
I submitted everything via HO portal. Marriage license, lease, car/life insurance etc.

HO is not a puppet and do not act on these complaints without investigations, Evidence you provided looks not enough in my opinion.
HO actions will depend on different factors.
What you wrote above is a one side of the picture.
Other side of the picture is may be that your relationship is ended with your husband and now you are jealous and trying to use HO as a stick to punish your husband.
I do believe what you said but How you prove that your husband’s relationship with other lady is not genuine?

Greyson1981
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Greyson1981 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 am

And in what realm does a genuine relationship need to bigamous? If we're not together wouldn't it be prudent to divorce and marry new lover? And why would my husband continue to list us a dependents/beneficiaries on all legal documents? Does that scream jealousy on my part? Or does it indicate some depravity on his? Please research the pathology of a bigamist. I didn't say there was no relationship, you inferred same. I said, my husband married another woman while remaining married to me. In fact, when confronted, point blank told me that his intention is to sponsor me once he has settled. I have all the messages etc. I initiated divorce proceedings as though I'm a trained clinician, I couldn't come up with a diagnosis that would render me able to stand by someone who seemingly had otherwise lost his mind.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 am

Greyson1981 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 pm
Hello,

Ate these your other usernames with slightly varying questions and details??

member/Esther1985/
Last logged in 3 May 2019 at 10.44am.

member/AsherMom/
Last logged in 30 November 2019 at 12.52pm
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uk7591
Pakistan

Post by uk7591 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 am

Greyson1981 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 am
And in what realm does a genuine relationship need to bigamous? If we're not together wouldn't it be prudent to divorce and marry new lover? And why would my husband continue to list us a dependents/beneficiaries on all legal documents? Does that scream jealousy on my part? Or does it indicate some depravity on his? Please research the pathology of a bigamist. I didn't say there was no relationship, you inferred same. I said, my husband married another woman while remaining married to me. In fact, when confronted, point blank told me that his intention is to sponsor me once he has settled. I have all the messages etc. I initiated divorce proceedings as though I'm a trained clinician, I couldn't come up with a diagnosis that would render me able to stand by someone who seemingly had otherwise lost his mind.

HO do not have any problem from bigamist if bigamist is legal in the country where the marriage took place.
But husband can sponsor only 1 wife at same time.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 am

uk7591 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 am

HO do not have any problem from bigamist if bigamist is legal in the country where the marriage took place.
But husband can sponsor only 1 wife at same time.

Not quite complete... the marriage must be legal in order to be recognised in the UK. If he was not obeying the laws of the country where the marriage took place, and was not consdered free to marry, then the union is not legal for the purposes of UK immigration. I know of no Caribbean countries that practice polygamy...

uk7591
Pakistan

Post by uk7591 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 am

If bigamist marriage is illegal in the country where it took place then you can challenge the second marriage of your husband and hopefully second marriage of your husband will be null and void..But remember that To Do so the first wife must be a resident in the UK.
Once you declare your husband’s second marriage null and void then HO will not consider his spouse visa application.

Greyson1981
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Greyson1981 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:55 am

Polygamy and bigamy are not the same constructs. Polygamy usually suggests ALL parties are opting in to the union. Bigamy on the other hand, is often rooted in deceit. Without divulging too much esp since posts remain forever, spouse committed serious crime at work (fraud, I see a pattern) and apparently was trying to flee country before authorities closed in. Other party offered or was coerced to 'help' spouse via sponsorship.

Spouse is contesting my divorce petition in a failing attempt to ensure I won't testify in criminal matter. That will not work but drowning man clutches at straws.

Bigamy is certainly illegal where we are from. When confronted, I was told the plan is to eventually take me to Europe. I didn't want to be deemed complicit in multinational scam and have reported same to local police as well as HO. I do know investigations take time and perhaps when I reported, decision had already been made on first spousal visa. There's a second application, perhaps third, as I've found yet another 'domestic partner' who has a child for him somewhere in Europe as he travels there frequently. I did tell one of the wives that I reported it all.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Greyson,

Are you in the US, and is he a US citizen living in US? Also, if you are not on good terms with him, how do you know he was Denied for having not met the income thresholds. And that he submitted yet another spouse visa application, this time with the idea that finances are as desired?

Do you know the name and contact details of the UK lady he married, if so report her to the UK police, they will have to look into it and if needs be, tell her she is not actually married.