ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for my Mom

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pree
Newly Registered
India

Visit Visa for my Mom

Post by Pree » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:04 am

Hi,

Your inputs would be highly helpful for me.

Myself and my husband here in Tier-2 ICT. valid until May 2020 as of now. We are planning to take my mom here for 4 months. My husband is sponsoring.

What are the documents I should provide for the proof that she will leave UK after the Visa period. Please suggest
1. My dad will be in India and he is practicing as a Lawyer. My sister family is also in India.
2. My Mom and dad are staying in rented house for which they don't have rental agreement. (What are all the possible docs I can provide)
3. She is having INR 3L in her saving. How much fund should I show here in UK.
4. If any document translation is required from Tamil to English. Please suggest where I can do it online.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Visit Visa for my Mom

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:30 am

Pree wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:04 am
She is having INR 3L in her saving.
L is the Roman numeral for 50. Do you mean that your mother has INR 350 or INR 150 (3 x 50)?

The crucial documentation that you would want to provide are roof of her strong links to her country of origin. So proof that she resides with your father, that he will remain home, is currently employed is all very useful.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Pree
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pree » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:41 am

Hi,

3 lakhs INR in her account.(3000GBP)

Could you suggest any online document translation(Tamil to English) for her proof of address.

Thanks.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:54 am

Is she a housewife? If she is, then you need to show your fathers financial documents, his bar registration, bank statements, any savings he has.

If any documents are in tamil then translation will be required.

You can attach water/ electricity bills for proof of residence.

No set amount for funds in uk but try to show at least 2-3000£.

Is this her first visit to the uk? I would suggest to keep it short and then next time apply for 4months.

If she has family in india try to show evidence for those as well.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Pree wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:41 am
Hi,

3 lakhs INR in her account.(3000GBP)

Could you suggest any online document translation(Tamil to English) for her proof of address.

Thanks.
4 months r too long to visit someone in eyes of ECO (Entry Clerance Officer). Ur mom need to show more savings in order to visit for 4 months. Even your husband is sposoring u r giving a very solid reason to ECO to refuse the visa. 3 Lakh for 4 months??????? Even 4 months visit duration is enough to refuse the visa.

Keep it simple 3 to 4 weeks sounds right. If u have any siblings back home brother and sister, submit the evidence of their presence and what they r doing there and how often they visit your mom. If they have kids mention it and how close they r with your mom.

More evidence of social and economic ties back home your mom show, more chances to get the visa.