ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit of my mother successful but just got family commitment

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pinkpanter

Family Permit of my mother successful but just got family commitment

Post by pinkpanter » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi everyone, please I would be grateful if you could kindly advise me. My mother have successfully received her EU family permit, which is expiring in February 2020. Due to some unexpected family commitment she cannot travel to uk until April 2020. I am just wondering if we could request home office for this change of circumstances and request reissue eu family permit from April 2020?

What are my options?
1. If she doesn't travel now to uk before the expiry of her family permit, would that impact on her future family permit application?

2. What is the best way to deal with this situation. Shall I submit another eu family permit Application now and give reference of her current family permit or wait for her current family permit expired then apply freshly application?

Much appreciated.

kamoe

Re: Family Permit of my mother successful but just got family commitment

Post by kamoe » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:30 am

pinkpanter wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 pm
I am just wondering if we could request home office for this change of circumstances and request reissue eu family permit from April 2020?
Since this is an exception and not the rule, and this arises from a specific set of your mother's very own personal circumstances, it is unlikely someone else's experience will match this exactly, and in any case, there is no guarantee that someone else's outcome will be the same as yours. The best way to know the answer is a pragmatic one: try and apply, and see what happens.
1. If she doesn't travel now to uk before the expiry of her family permit, would that impact on her future family permit application?
If an appropriate explanation is given the next time she applies, I don't see why this would have a negative impact.
2. What is the best way to deal with this situation. Shall I submit another eu family permit Application now and give reference of her current family permit or wait for her current family permit expired then apply freshly application?
Apply whenever you are sure when won't have to delay her trip again. As soon as she states expected travel dates on her application, I would think having a valid Family Permit or not at the time of application would make no difference since it will be clear the current permit won't cover the travel date, hence self-explaining why the second application.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.