ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth Certificates

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

username002
Newly Registered
South Africa

Birth Certificates

Post by username002 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi,

I'm currently collating documents for an ancestry visa (based on my gran being born in the UK). I'm South African.

We've finally received my father's unabridged birth certificate however the details on it are inaccurate and incomplete. They have not included my gran's ID number and her date of birth is included as "25 YRS". In addition, the place of birth is listed as "Scotland" (which is correct) however the country of birth is listed as "South Africa" (which is obviously incorrect). My grandfather is also missing his ID number and his date of birth is also included as "25 YRS".

I just wanted to ask if anyone has ever seen something similar and whether these would cause issues with the visa application? I know this isn't visa specific so if this is an inappropriate forum I'm more than happy to remove the post. Thank you.