ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to 5 year Parent Route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hatchsead

Switching to 5 year Parent Route

Post by hatchsead » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:12 pm

I and my wife are currently on the 10 year family rule at the moment, however, we have 2 children who are already British citizens.

I and my wife are still marriage but would like to switch to the 5 year parent route if possible as out first 30 months visa is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

Is it possible for I and my wife to switch to the 5 year parent route despite the fact that we are still in a relationship/ marriage?

I am a bit unsure as one of the conditions stated on the 5 year parent states that one should no longer be in relationship with the other parent of the child and the relationship must be broken.

What are my chances if I choose to apply for this route while married to the other parent?

Requirements For Switching Into Leave To Remain As A Parent Of A British Or Settled Child Under 5 Years Route
You can apply to switch into parent route under 5 years route if you meet the following requirements:

You are currently in the UK with leave to remain which was granted for longer than 6 months (must not be visitor in the UK);
Your are parent of a child who is either British Citizen or settled in the UK;
You should no longer be in relationship with the other parent of the child and your relationship must have broken irretrievably;
Your British or settled child must be in the UK and must be under the age of 18 years;
You should either have sole responsibility for the child or have in person contact with the child (access to the child);
You should have been playing an active role in the upbringing of the child and should demonstrate intention to continue place such role in the life of the child;
You should meet adequate maintenance and accommodation requirement;
You should meet the English language requirement.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Switching to 5 year Parent Route

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:31 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:12 pm
I and my wife are currently on the 10 year family rule at the moment, however, we have 2 children who are already British citizens.

I and my wife are still marriage but would like to switch to the 5 year parent route if possible as out first 30 months visa is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

Is it possible for I and my wife to switch to the 5 year parent route despite the fact that we are still in a relationship/ marriage?

I am a bit unsure as one of the conditions stated on the 5 year parent states that one should no longer be in relationship with the other parent of the child and the relationship must be broken.

What are my chances if I choose to apply for this route while married to the other parent?

Requirements For Switching Into Leave To Remain As A Parent Of A British Or Settled Child Under 5 Years Route
You can apply to switch into parent route under 5 years route if you meet the following requirements:

You are currently in the UK with leave to remain which was granted for longer than 6 months (must not be visitor in the UK);
You should no longer be in relationship with the other parent of the child and your relationship must have broken irretrievably;
Your British or settled child must be in the UK and must be under the age of 18 years;
You should either have sole responsibility for the child or have in person contact with the child (access to the child);
You should have been playing an active role in the upbringing of the child and should demonstrate intention to continue place such role in the life of the child;
You know the correct answer. But why you want to change her route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:35 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:31 pm
hatchsead wrote:

The reason am asking is to find out if anyone has been successful switching onto this route while they are still in an unbroken relationship with the other partner.

Obviously, it's a shorter route leading to ILR faster when compared to the 10 year route.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:35 pm
seagul wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

The reason am asking is to find out if anyone has been successful switching onto this route while they are still in an unbroken relationship with the other partner.

Obviously, it's a shorter route leading to ILR faster when compared to the 10 year route.
Similar short route is also available under partner category which is FLRM if she pass A1 ielts life skills English language test and either of you is earning sufficient income of £18600 per year or have £62500 six months old savings.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 pm
hatchsead wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:35 pm
seagul wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Similar short route is also available under partner category which is FLRM if she pass A1 ielts life skills English language test and either of you is earning sufficient income of £18600 per year or have £62500 six months old savings.
The FLR(M) is an application that is based on the marriage of an individual to a person that is already settled in the UK, under the Appendix FM. However, it is not enough to be married to an English citizen to get this permission. In order to do so, you will have to meet all the requirements, including your status in the UK and the Financial Requirement. If the requests are met, then you will get a 2.5-year in the 5-year partner route.

However, I and my wife are both currently on 2.5 years and neither of us have ILR nor citizenships so may not qualify hence trying to see if we can switch to the FLR(FP) 5 years parent route rather than renewing and continuing on the 10 year route for the two of us.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am

I don’t think that there is a five year route under these circumstances.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.