ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting to speed up application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jais2015

Requesting to speed up application.

Post by jais2015 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Hi members,

I applied for naturalisation on 20 July 2019. The application was made after spending 5 years on refugee LR and 1 year on ILR. Now I am in a bad state of mind as my mother have had a bad stroke and she is in coma now. I desperately need to see my mum. I have all medical reports. Is there any way to ask HO to speed my application. I am so stressed now. Please I need your advice guys.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Requesting to speed up application.

Post by aman90 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:41 pm

jais2015 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:19 pm
I applied for naturalisation on 20 July 2019. The application was made after spending 5 years on refugee LR and 1 year on ILR. Now I am in a bad state of mind as my mother have had a bad stroke and she is in coma now. I desperately need to see my mum. I have all medical reports. Is there any way to ask HO to speed my application. I am so stressed now. Please I need your advice guys.
Refugee BC seems to take time.
You are free to travel though. Whether it’s a wise idea to go back at this point is another story.
You sought asylum probably coz you couldn’t live in ur own country for whatever reasons and that may reflect adversely on ur character.

Email HO on Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
and ask for an update.

jais2015

Post by jais2015 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:59 am

Thank you for your reply.

My travel document expired a year ago. I have not updated as I was to apply for BC.

I will send a request for an update. I understand that it will have impact on my application if I ask them emergency travel document.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:03 am

jais2015 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:50 am
Application made on 20 July 2019 under refugee route. Never entered the country illegally, overstayed or worked without permission. I had work permit when I claimed asylum. The email says it will take longer than 6 months to process my application.

“We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible but we will contact you again if we require any further information.”
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:09 am

Which Country is your Mother in, is it in your Country of Origin?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jais2015

Post by jais2015 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:47 am

Amber wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:09 am
Hi Amber,
She is in Sri lanka which is my country of origin. The polititical situation in the country is not like it was when I claimed Asylum.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:45 am

jais2015 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:47 am
Amber wrote:
Hi Amber,
She is in Sri lanka which is my country of origin. The polititical situation in the country is not like it was when I claimed Asylum.
Thanks
So you received settled status based on the situation being the same in your COO and you’re saying that’s not the case? I suggest thinking carefully about what you are saying.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:54 am

By UN refugee convention 1951,a refugee can legally go back to his country in exceptional circumstances &your situation is exceptional.Some countries follow the convention &dont revoke refugee status .As we know uk is run by tories with a hostile policies towards migrants I dont trust them so I think it can go anyway around.Again ,by law you can go to your country .People who dont agree with me can read UN refugee handbook .Good luck.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:42 pm

London22 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:54 am
By UN refugee convention 1951,a refugee can legally go back to his country in exceptional circumstances &your situation is exceptional.Some countries follow the convention &dont revoke refugee status .As we know uk is run by tories with a hostile policies towards migrants I dont trust them so I think it can go anyway around.Again ,by law you can go to your country .People who dont agree with me can read UN refugee handbook .Good luck.
What are you on about? The OP just stated the COO situation has changed. Under paragraph 339 of the Immigration Rules, the Refugee Convention can cease to apply thus revoking Refugee Status. My comment was referring to the OP applying to settle in the last 12 months when as part of that application would have been to confirm that the risk still existed which is contradicted by his most recent statement. My warning was that the HO may judge the OP to have been deceitful particularly if the OP is requesting expedition of his naturalisation to travel to his COO. As soon as the OP is naturalised the Refugee Status is revoked.

jais2015

Post by jais2015 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Amber wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:45 am
jais2015 wrote:
Amber wrote:
Hi Amber,
Thanks
So you received settled status based on the situation being the same in your COO and you’re saying that’s not the case? I suggest thinking carefully about what you are saying.

When I received my settled status I had the same fear of persecution and still I have the fear. I said that the country’s situation has changed but not my personal circumstances.
When I visit my country of origin as a British Citizen, the authorities will fear to do the same what they did when I was that country’s citizen.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:04 pm

jais2015 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:08 pm
Amber wrote:
jais2015 wrote:
Amber wrote:
Hi Amber,
Thanks

When I received my settled status I had the same fear of persecution and still I have the fear. I said that the country’s situation has changed but not my personal circumstances.
When I visit my country of origin as a British Citizen, the authorities will fear to do the same what they did when I was that country’s citizen.
Exactly my concern, as the HO as are unlikely to see things like you do.

jais2015

Post by jais2015 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Amber wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:04 pm
jais2015 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:08 pm
Amber wrote:
jais2015 wrote:

Hi Amber,
Thanks

Exactly my concern, as the HO as are unlikely to see things like you do.
I agree with you.