ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Spouse Visa Extension and Working Tax Credit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

qazi111
Newly Registered

FLR M Spouse Visa Extension and Working Tax Credit

Post by qazi111 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Dear Experts,
I have some confusion if anyone could help me out please.
My wife is British National
My children are British National.
I am on a spouse visa on 5 year route. When I came to UK my wife was getting child tax credit. After few months of coming I got a job and was working 16 hours. Now as I have got experience my working hours have increased. As a result we informed HMRC that my hours have gone up and I have started earning more. That is about more than £18600. Since we informed HMRC about it, they have started paying my wife Working Tax Credit alongwith Child Tax Credit which she was already getting before. But when they sent us a letter, the letter was showing CTC paying to my wife but Working Tax Credit to me.

Now my Extension is due next month and my friends tell me that they will refuse the visa as we are getting Working Tax Credit. The amount goes into my wife account but as she is house wife and only I am working so I am told that this Working Tax Credit is being paid to me as I am the only one who is working.

Your expert advice is needed please as my visa Extension is due next month January 2020.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M Spouse Visa Extension and Working Tax Credit

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:34 pm

qazi111 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:07 pm
But when they sent us a letter, the letter was showing CTC paying to my wife but Working Tax Credit to me.
It is a public fund which you cannot claim in your name so it will affect the outcome of your visa. Maybe by repaying it to HMRC before proceeding to the extension application might work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Tax credits just be claimed in JOINT names with your British spouse. No effect on visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

qazi111
Newly Registered

Post by qazi111 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:34 pm
qazi111 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:07 pm
But when they sent us a letter, the letter was showing CTC paying to my wife but Working Tax Credit to me.
It is a public fund which you cannot claim in your name so it will affect the outcome of your visa. Maybe by repaying it to HMRC before proceeding to the extension application might work.
Dear Seagul, I just informed them that my hours have changed and they started paying to my wife.

qazi111
Newly Registered

Post by qazi111 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Tax credits just be claimed in JOINT names with your British spouse. No effect on visa.
Dear CR001,
Even if HMRC has written my name and stating WTC paid to Me, even then it would not affect me?
And while I will fill the FLRM and they would ask who is claiming CTC AND WTC so in which section I should fill WTC, in my name or in my British spouse name?

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:38 pm

There a question on FLR M forms. Does your sponsor claims or claimed any benefits? You have to answer YES and see what happens.. you can’t obviously lie to them..

qazi111
Newly Registered

Post by qazi111 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:33 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:38 pm
There a question on FLR M forms. Does your sponsor claims or claimed any benefits? You have to answer YES and see what happens.. you can’t obviously lie to them..
Dear Leon2019,
I don't want to lie in any case, I think they ask a question that weather Applicant or Sponsor has claimed any benefit. We would answer YES. Then after that would we put WTC and CTC both in Sponsor section or in my section?

In Short want to ask, Who Claimed WTC, me an applicant or my wife the sponsor who is house wife and not working at all.