ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What salary to write? Pre or post pay rise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nathan2019
Newly Registered

UK spouse visa sponsorship - 6 months payslips

Post by nathan2019 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi,

British citizen trying to sponsor his Turkish wife for a UK spouse visa. I have finished six months of work with my current employer (3 June 2019 -- 3 December), but I got my first wage on 25 June and most recent wage on 25 November. I've done the six months of work required for to sponsor under Cat A (paid the same amount bar one pay rise on a consistent basis), but will it be a problem that the payslips that I'll be providing will run from 25 June to 23 November, i.e. before I actually complete 6 months of work?

My contract states I'm paid on the 25th of every month. So effectively I got my six months wages before I completed six months work. Will they take issue with it?

Please help; we're on the verge of paying and uploading the docs, everything is read, but I'm starting to overthink things, and have already cancelled one appointment due to a mistake in the financial section.

Kind regards.
K

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK spouse visa sponsorship - 6 months payslips

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:16 pm

nathan2019 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:08 pm
I have finished six months of work with my current employer (3 June 2019 -- 3 December), but I got my first wage on 25 June and most recent wage on 25 November.
Don't apply until you get the 6th month payslip as caseworker excercise no discretion.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nathan2019
Newly Registered

Post by nathan2019 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:19 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I have received my six month payslip, it's just my employer pays me my monthly salary about a week in advance of me finishing the month.

Like I said I received my sixth month payslip on November 25th. But I finished six months of work on 3 December.

On 25 December I will be receiving my seventh payslip.

Do you think I should wait until my seventh payslip?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:59 pm

nathan2019 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:19 pm
Thanks for the quick response. I have received my six month payslip, it's just my employer pays me my monthly salary about a week in advance of me finishing the month.

Like I said I received my sixth month payslip on November 25th. But I finished six months of work on 3 December.

On 25 December I will be receiving my seventh payslip.

Do you think I should wait until my seventh payslip?
I little misunderstood the query in my previous post. Anyways usually in every company there is a fixed payday which cannot be changed for anyone. And usually if the payday falls on weekend/bank holidays then you gets paid earlier. In your situation you are safe to apply now and your 6th month payslip will be usable until 23rd December (25th Novemeber + 28 days).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nathan2019
Newly Registered

What salary to write? Pre or post pay rise

Post by nathan2019 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:28 pm

So I've been working for my company for over six months. For the first three months I was paid £26,000 and for the last three I was paid £27,500. In the application where it asks what my salary is, should I state £26,000 or £27,500? I know that they will only use the £26,000 to calculate but it just seems weird to say my salary is £26,000. I've seen different advice on different forums. What's the advice here?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: What salary to write? Pre or post pay rise

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:35 pm

nathan2019 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:28 pm
So I've been working for my company for over six months. For the first three months I was paid £26,000 and for the last three I was paid £27,500. In the application where it asks what my salary is, should I state £26,000 or £27,500? I know that they will only use the £26,000 to calculate but it just seems weird to say my salary is £26,000. I've seen different advice on different forums. What's the advice here?

Thanks
£26000. Because the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months will be considered.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:35 pm

nathan2019 wrote:

Thanks
I faced the same issues with my application. I was advised by my Solicitor to use my current (higher) salary as this is what was included in my employers letter and, should the HO call to confirm, this was what they would have confirmed.

Hope this helps.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:09 pm

Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout
the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary
which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure
used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during
the 6 month period
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf. Page 20

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:02 pm

@Seagul my response does not relate to the calculation method used to determine whether the OPs application meets the financial requirements. I’m responding to the OPs question which explicitly asks what to use in the online application
What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?
This should be entered as the current gross salary, not the level replied upon for the application.

We are talking at cross purposes.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:16 pm

@KristianDlyod
In Op's case his lowest wage figure (£26000) is sufficient to meet the requirement same as was in your case. The reply to that question must be given as £26000 the one which will be relevant to calculations. To make it more easier to understand there is an official example available of same guidance at page 21.
Example (a) In an application for entry clearance the applicant’s partner is in salaried
employment at the date of application and has been working for the same employer for 7
months prior to the date of application. For the first three months of the 6 months prior to the
date of application his gross annual salary was £15,500. Then he was promoted by his
employer so that for the next three months (those being the three months immediately prior
to the date of application) his gross annual salary was £18,700. The applicant’s partner is
relying on Category A and so must have earned a level of gross annual salary which equals
or exceeds the level relied upon in the 6 months prior to the date of application. Therefore
the figure that can be used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary
received during this 6 month period prior to the date of application which is £15,500. The
couple have no other source of income or savings and so the financial requirement is not met.

nathan2019
Newly Registered

Post by nathan2019 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi thanks,

As seems to be the case on other boards, there seems to be some disagreement about what to write. I went with the lower figure and it's too late to change this as I've submitted. I made a note in the additional comments that I got a pay rise, and I'll make sure I make a note in my cover letter too. It's all very clear from my employer letter, contract and notice of my probationary period ending that I have earned the higher amount for the last three months. I somehow doubt they'll refuse because of this.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:13 pm

nathan2019 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:05 pm
Hi thanks,

As seems to be the case on other boards, there seems to be some disagreement about what to write. I went with the lower figure and it's too late to change this as I've submitted. I made a note in the additional comments that I got a pay rise, and I'll make sure I make a note in my cover letter too. It's all very clear from my employer letter, contract and notice of my probationary period ending that I have earned the higher amount for the last three months. I somehow doubt they'll refuse because of this.
You will still be alright as long as the employer letter is indicating that.

nathan2019
Newly Registered

Post by nathan2019 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:16 pm

Thanks, yes my employer letter has it covered. The wording of the UKVI questions and in-form guidance could really be a lot better. I'm an editor, and their use of English is an absolute joke at times. The "same amount continuously" question is about as clear as mud.

nathan2019
Newly Registered

Post by nathan2019 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi thanks for the help again. Just to update, we just got the visa approved based on me writing my pre-pay-rise salary. I doubt it really makes any difference if everything else is in order and you make a note in the cover letter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:44 pm

nathan2019 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:40 pm
Hi thanks for the help again. Just to update, we just got the visa approved based on me writing my pre-pay-rise salary. I doubt it really makes any difference if everything else is in order and you make a note in the cover letter.
seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:35 pm
nathan2019 wrote:

Thanks
£26000. Because the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months will be considered.
Excellent